No announcement yet.

Canelo's Trainers Suck

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Idiotic thread. So your advice to him would be "hey, go risk losing the fight that you have already won on the cards"?
    This is ATG stupid thread here.

Are you saying that if he took a risk tonight Chavez actually had a chance to beat him. Chavez was defenseless tonight, he was no threat to anyone. In my opinion it seems Alvarez's trainers are holding him back. If Alvarez would of fought for 3 minutes straight, he would of tko'd Chavez. But he throws a combo lands all of them then backs off for 20 sec then does it again. I know De La Hoya did not let Chavez Sr off the hook or Vargas off the hook. Holyfield did not let Tyson off the hook, Hopkins closed the show when he stopped Trinidad. Alvarez just does not seem to be able to this. He could not do it against Cotto and he did it again tonight with Chavez. He failed to make a statement. He had a wounded fighter in front of him and refused to get him out of there. And it his corner telling him to be passive.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
      very rarely do trainers URGE their guy to ko a person when that person needs a dozen knockdowns just to pull even. a real trainer will tell their guy NOT TO DO SOMETHING STUPID AND GET CAUGHT WITH A DESPERATION BOMB.
      I guess you never saw Emmanuel Steward in the corner then. BTW Chavez posed little risk tonight.

Comment

Only one person sucked in there tonight...the same guy who always sucks and suckers in his fans who pay to watch him stink.:rfl::rfl:

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post
          My opinion is Chavez looked horrible and Alvarez refused to take advantage of it. Chavez was a man looking for a reason to quit, a man ready to be stopped, but Alvarez refused to close the show or step on the gas.

Then you listen to Alvarez's trainers (the butcher boys) and the terrible advice they give him. Telling Alvarez to take 0 chances, to not risk getting hit, to not take Chavez out. These 2 trainers say the very same thing every Alvarez fight. As if they have no confidence in Alvarez to take a punch or take a risk. These 2 guys know nothing about boxing they go lucky and won the lottery by Alvarez choosing them as his trainers. The amateurish things they say in the corner to Alvarez, the 0 risk they want him to take. As if they are afraid their meal ticket will get ko'd.

I always said these trainers are not allowing Alvarez to grow as a fighter. Alvarez should of stopped Chavez tonight, but he refused to close the show.
          What an idiotic thread. Phuck off. Red k

Comment

I guess you never saw Emmanuel Steward in the corner then. BTW Chavez posed little risk tonight.
            point me to that fight where manny urged on his guy, who was CLEARLY WAY AHEAD ON THE CARDS, to go for the ko.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              He's a top level fighter that's got better with every fight, they are doing their job.

Not fighting dumb is a good thing.

He looks the same to me as he did 2 or 3 yrs ago. I guess I come from a different generation of fight fans where one expects a great fighter to close the show, not always want to minimize risk. BTW you want to minimize risk when your opponent is dangerous and risky. Chavez was a corpse out there looking for an excuse to quit and Alvarez should of been able to oblige him.

If he would of ko'd Chavez with GGG watching it would of gotten into GGG's head.

Comment

point me to that fight where manny urged on his guy, who was CLEARLY WAY AHEAD ON THE CARDS, to go for the ko.

Go look at fight when Steward trained Chad Dawson, Dawson was easily winning and Emmanuel was pleading with him to end the fight. Just check some of his Vladimir fights you will see the same or Lewis fights.

Comment

Go look at fight when Steward trained Chad Dawson, Dawson was easily winning and Emmanuel was pleading with him to end the fight. Just check some of his Vladimir fights you will see the same or Lewis fights.
                  which dawson fight ? be specific if you can.

Comment

seriously, what difference does it make, a ko or 12 rd shut out ?!?!?!

PROFESSIONAL
                    TRAINERS SEE NO DIFFERENCE !

Comment

which dawson fight ? be specific if you can.

chad dawson vs adrian diaconu

Comment

Working...
                      X