Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jett Travolta and Exodus Tyson: Both children, both dead, why different?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOOMbip View Post
    TS children die everyday...What makes either of these children that past more important that the countless nameless children that die through out the United States alone ... People are obsessed with celebrity and Hero Worship...Your Telling me Jett Trovolata and Exodus Tyson are some how more important then the child that dies quietly on a hospital bed or a kid that catches a stray on the street... just because of the notoriety of a father with a famous last name???

The world is full of ****.

Blk White Yellow Brown...none of it matters...unless of course it's green.
    very nice post

Comment

There's been plenty of coverage. I've seen it on CNN, FoxNews, MSNBC, and even on the ticker at CNBC when the market opened this morning.

And for those saying its a race thing, cmon. Sure, maybe the mainstream media thinks of Mike as somewhat of a B-list celeb these days, but if it was Tiger Woods, or Michael Jordan, or Denzel Washington, or 50 Cents kid, it would have still been all over the 6 O'clock news. And last time I checked, they are black too.........

Comment

The media in the United States of America is a joke. Seek your own news independently.

The four-year-old daughter of boxer Mike Tyson has died in hospital following an accident at her home in Arizona.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPFtANHpNfE

E

Comment

I wanted to clear a few things up here.

I never intended this to be a race driven thread, nor did I imply anywhere in my post that race was the reason the stories were covered differently.

However, if you can't admit race plays a part in media coverage, you are simply wrong. Again that has nothing to do with what I'm saying here.

I also never said I wanted more coverage of the death of Exodus Tyson. I'm sure Tyson prefers it that way, and honestly I do too. I don't need to hear all these stories about a child's death like that.

The way they covered the Jett Travolta death was terrible and completely misguided. Exodus Tyson and her family are better off and we are better off without that sort of coverage.

What can't be ignored though, is the fact that because of who Mike Tyson is. There are people out there that honestly believe that Mike is getting what he deserves. That is a sick and disgusting thought.

I didn't mean to offend anyone at all. Excuse me if I did.

Comment

Dude I have been seeing Exodus' death all over the news. Trajec events in both of them

Comment

nm

I posted some stuff that I feel doesnt add to the conversation
              Last edited by Khalid X; 05-27-2009, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
                If anyone has noticed, since the death of Exodus Tyson yesterday, there has been very little media attention associated with this tragedy. While I'm sure Mike prefers it that way, I can't help but notice a stark contrast in the media's coverage of the events. It is as if Mike Tyson's actions as a human being have trickled down and consequently lessened the tragedy that is his daughter's death.

Jett Travolta died of a seizure. He had a history of seizures and though his death was unexpected, it was certainly not "lightning striking", by any means. In comparison, the death of Exodus Tyson was very random and by all means a shock to everyone. Not only was she younger, but she died in a much more astonishing fashion.

However, with that said, Mike Tyson is known as a "bad guy" and Travolta is known as a "good guy". Because of this distinction the public and the media view the deaths differently. Jett Travolta gets All Access Hollywood specials and Exodus gets the back page. It really gives some perpective on how we are viewed based on who we are associated with.

If the situations were reversed and Jett Travolta had been the one wrapped in an electrical chord, the media would be in mourning and we wouldn't stop hearing about it for a month. But because Exodus is the son of a convicted rapist and all around "bad guy", her death is minimalized and pushed into the last line of the news as a "nice to know".

How is one child's death more relevant than the others? They're not, it's just the media and public perception. Exodus Tyson was just as innocent as Jett Travolta and deserves the same respect he was given.

Rest in Peace, both of you. Equally.
                very enlightening post.... great point

didnt even think of it but this is all very true

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                  Media favors white people when there are missing persons cases or deaths.

Just take a look at Nancy Grace's track history. 95% of her shows are about missing pregnant wives or little white girls.

damn that b!tch. i remember the episode of the little girl missing, they had that on show for months, thats all they show about the party-mom and the missing girl.

Comment

Well, if someone died in my family or something it wouldn't even be on the ****ing news because I'm not a celebrity. Racist my ass, millions of kids die every day and most of them don't even make the news and yes in freak accidents. I'm sorry that happened to tysons child, but the media should keep their noses out of family matters.

Comment

Working...
                    X