Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Explains Why Lomachenko-Linares Being on HBO is a 'Waste'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxing_pro View Post
    Is there any sort of moderation on this forum? I believe such disrespectful behavior has to be banned. This forum deserves some manners. This fan is clearly not into sport of boxing. In the real world such words lead to kind of face damage if they are said in the boxing gym. This fan obviously never been in boxing gym ����*♂️
    Another dsab lomachenhoe fangirl whos angry your hypejob is being exposed as the cherry pick fronter he is,stay angry

This is probably an alt who is angry they can't bs the truth....����
    Last edited by kushking; 02-19-2018, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Lomachenko Beltran really does absolutely nothing for me bro smfh

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        TR never gave us anything on ESPN that matches what PBC gave us on Showtime and CBS until 2017! TR and HBO gave us too many BS PPVs, and Haymon changed the game! Now Bob is playing catch-up! Bob knows the deal:

December 7, 2017:

Arum has no problem with working out a talent trade relationship with Showtime Sports head Stephen Espinoza - an arrangement where the two sides would make talent available to each other for necessary fights.

The veteran promoters realizes that it's not realistic to believe that every significant fight involving one his boxers will end up on ESPN.

Maybe Crawford fights a Showtime fighter like Keith Thurman on ESPN, but an ESPN fighter like Manny Pacquiao would fight Danny Garcia on Showtime.

That's the kind of relationship Arum is aiming for - a scenario that benefits both sides.

"Lets not look at promoters particularly, lets look at networks. Over at Showtime, Espinoza is a very smart guy. And his boss is a very big fight fan, a good friend of mine, Les Moonves, and Moonves will make these fights happen. They can't all be on ESPN nor can they all be on Showtime - so there is something called trade," Arum told BoxingScene.com...

"The big boys, whether it's CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN - they have no problem with college football... arranging who gets which game and so forth. I think it will be the same and it should be the same with Showtime, CBS and Top Rank - that if they need a Top Rank fighter to fight on Showtime, we'll make them available. And if there is a fighter who traditionally fights on Showtime or CBS, they will make him available to ESPN.

"I think that we'll work very, very well with [Showtime, CBS] - at least that's my hope."

http://www.boxingscene.com/bob-arum-...owtime--123187

Unfortunately for Loma, Bob doesn't feel the same way about Peter Nelson and HBO, nor is his relationship as good with Oscar, as it is with Al Haymon!
        There have been some good haymon fights. But mostly on showtime championship boxing really. There been handful good ones on fox etc but very few and far between and there alot of headscratchers too. Think of the stable he has. I think arums done just enough as well. Hopefully they all get their **** together and every one puts up best fights. Haymon guys like to fight 1-2 times yr though and then its ok fights and all they wanna do is wait and wait on rematches that not very many ppl want. I dont think its a big blowout lile tou do though. Good fights are dsg vs porter, spence vs either. And spence vs thurman etc. And its been what 3 yrs and its been vwrt disapointing to me. I guess i had high hopes since lots of top guys were signed to him. Either way all of these promotors should be doing way better jobs. Imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
          There have been some good haymon fights. But mostly on showtime championship boxing really. There been handful good ones on fox etc but very few and far between and there alot of headscratchers too. Think of the stable he has. I think arums done just enough as well. Hopefully they all get their **** together and every one puts up best fights. Haymon guys like to fight 1-2 times yr though and then its ok fights and all they wanna do is wait and wait on rematches that not very many ppl want. I dont think its a big blowout lile tou do though. Good fights are dsg vs porter, spence vs either. And spence vs thurman etc. And its been what 3 yrs and its been vwrt disapointing to me. I guess i had high hopes since lots of top guys were signed to him. Either way all of these promotors should be doing way better jobs. Imo
          All I can tell you is "stay tuned!" March and April look very nice so far! Wilder/Ortiz card March 3rd, Prograis/Indongo March 9th, Garcia/Lipinets card on March 10th, Lara/HUrd April 7th, Broner/Figueroa April 21st, and Stevenson/Jack May 19th! I have no complaints!

Comment

• So why is bud gonna be on ESPN ppv if arum is nervous about a limited audience

See this is why haymon doesn’t have to give his fighters to bob to make fights happen, if bob doesn’t wanna use hbo then al shouldn’t have to send guys to him

Comment

All I can tell you is "stay tuned!" March and April look very nice so far! Wilder/Ortiz card March 3rd, Prograis/Indongo March 9th, Garcia/Lipinets card on March 10th, Lara/HUrd April 7th, Broner/Figueroa April 21st, and Stevenson/Jack May 19th! I have no complaints!
              Haha. I tell you one thing. You get an A for enthusiasm. Ill be watching. Peace out amigo

Comment

• Originally posted by miked85 View Post
                So why is bud gonna be on ESPN ppv if arum is nervous about a limited audience

See this is why haymon doesn’t have to give his fighters to bob to make fights happen, if bob doesn’t wanna use hbo then al shouldn’t have to send guys to him
                Good point. Neither Craford/Horn or Manny/Alvarado are PPv fights. My guess is PPV is the only way he can get all the fighters the money they want.

Comment

I like Haymon because he and Richard Schaefer did great things for GBP and Showtime! I like Haymon because I just got boxing from 8:00PM 'til 1:00AM EST for free! I like Haymon because he's never in court, getting sued by his fighters to get out of their contracts! I like Haymon because good fights are back on network TV! I like Haymon because of the PBC! I like Haymon because he's not all over TV, not taking any shine from his fighters, but handling business for his fighters at the negotiating tables! I like Haymon because he is the Anti-Don King, and I think that is a very refreshing approach to the sport!

For once I will agree on many counts except for the FACT that Haymon is a mismatch flipping sob that supports fighters like Charlos who love mismatches & lets them rest on their Laurel's instead of pushing them to prove themselves so their stock goes way up,gbp does exactly that with their fighters regardless of what anyone says,Arum is the devil incarnate in every way shape or form,& haymon is an ok dude with different flaws/pros going 4 him,fishnets is fishnets nuff said...
                  Last edited by kushking; 02-22-2018, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                    For once I will agree on many counts except for the FACT that Haymon is a mismatch flipping sob that supports fighters like Charlos who love mismatches & lets them rest on their Laurel's instead of pushing them to prove themselves so their stock goes way up,gbp does exactly that with their fighters regardless of what anyone says,Arum is the devil incarnate in every way shape or form,& haymon is an ok dude with different flaws/pros going 4 him,fishnets is fishnets nuff said...
                    Who would you have liked to see the Charlos fight, that they ddn't? Keep in mind, until 2015, Shields trained both twins and Lara.

Comment

Working...
                    X