Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's say you're scoping out an opponent...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
    Yeah, exactly but with the caveat that it might not be me personally fighting the guy. I mean, I think we all 'shape people up' all the time just naturally, watching how people move and how we would deal with that. I'm talking a little more objectively, so that you could pass on the information to someone else if you had to

a bit like a scout report or something like that
    I haven't scouted much other than observing amateur level fighters and finding holes so that I could beat them when we sparr.

But, I do make some pretty good predictions at times when watching pro fights and there's a few things I look for;

-What punches are getting through? Seems simple enough but a lot of people overlook this. Is the guy not protecting his body? Not respecting the left hook? There's been so many times on this forum that I've called what punch was going to finish the fight because one guy (even if he was winning) simply wasn't respecting a certain punch.

-How does he react? To pressure? To combos? To feints? To lateral movement?

-What is their bread and butter? Fighters do certain things out of habit, be it the things they do well or the things they revert to when they are losing.

The most important thing is the paper/rock/scissors aspect. The lesser fighter must adapt and align his strengths with the opponent's weaknesses. That's what boxing is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I haven't scouted much other than observing amateur level fighters and finding holes so that I could beat them when we sparr.

But, I do make some pretty good predictions at times when watching pro fights and there's a few things I look for;

-What punches are getting through? Seems simple enough but a lot of people overlook this. Is the guy not protecting his body? Not respecting the left hook? There's been so many times on this forum that I've called what punch was going to finish the fight because one guy (even if he was winning) simply wasn't respecting a certain punch.

-How does he react? To pressure? To combos? To feints? To lateral movement?

-What is their bread and butter? Fighters do certain things out of habit, be it the things they do well or the things they revert to when they are losing.

The most important thing is the paper/rock/scissors aspect. The lesser fighter must adapt and align his strengths with the opponent's weaknesses. That's what boxing is all about.
      "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Redd Foxx again."
      Thanks man, nice

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
        Yeah, exactly but with the caveat that it might not be me personally fighting the guy. I mean, I think we all 'shape people up' all the time just naturally, watching how people move and how we would deal with that. I'm talking a little more objectively, so that you could pass on the information to someone else if you had to

a bit like a scout report or something like that
        Have you seen this: http://boxing.isport.com/boxing-guid...nent-in-boxing

Some good ideas there I think?

Comment

Working...
        X