Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxers are the most disciplined out of the current generation?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    Loma, Floyd , Pac, Canelo, Hopkins.
    Wasn't Pacquiao known to be partying, drinking and womanising a lot until he become a supposed hardcore christian? He was always drinking and impregnated a hooker.

He actually started to decline once he got more religious

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Nice story had heard most of it before except smoking part.Cant believe he STILL chainsmokes but would not be 1st fighter I have heard that(although 1st in about 50 yrs lol heard some of the old timers smoked.)It goes to show what a talent he is.Too bad all them fighters were allowed to duck him.Media (Dan Rafeal)has made it a lot easier by being SO BIAEST with him.And of course his OWN promoter at time(Arum)bashing him just because he beat one of his cash cows(Donaire)
      I think more athletes smoke than people realise.

I know Zinedine Zidane was a smoker and he's one of the greatest players of all time in his sport.

Comment

Canelo is at the top of the list for me. Golovkin used to be before last camp. Rigondeux is usually in spectacular shape, which is even more amazing since he's older. Floyd kept himself in spectacular shape.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
          I think more athletes smoke than people realise.

I know Zinedine Zidane was a smoker and he's one of the greatest players of all time in his sport.
          Yea but not many if any require the stamina boxing does.But remember hearing story of lots of oldtimers that smoked.Not something id like to see my young fighter do(if I had a young fighter)

Comment

I don't know what Mikey Garcia's personal life is like but he seems like a pretty dedicated dude.

Comment

Marquez. Never smoked or drank always trained all year around and ate healthy. Took his profession very seriously and never wavered.

Hopkins, Floyd, Ward, Loma, Crawford always seemed/seem to be be training all year and living healthy lifestyles. I cant imagine a Rigo strays as well.

Finito Lopez and basically every Nacho Beristain fighter probably qualifies. I mean the ones that trained year round at Romanza. Nacho is very strict.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Wasn't Pacquiao known to be partying, drinking and womanising a lot until he become a supposed hardcore christian? He was always drinking and impregnated a hooker.

He actually started to decline once he got more religious
                In the recent times he was disciplined, but in his prime he was hardcore as hell, but also he kept in shape by always being active in sports.

Comment

Active, Lomachenko. Rigo out due to chain smoking.

Retired, Bernard Hopkins stands out far above the rest. Exceptional discipline to dominate MW the way he did and make weight every time. Even weighed lighter than Oscar De La Hoya when they fought. His amazing discipline enabled him to become the oldest ever world championship, a true inspiration. Andre Ward has mentioned how inspirational Hopkins discipline was to him and Ward is incredibly disciplined himself.

Floyd Mayweather would get a mention, but he hit chicks which shows a severe lack of self-discipline. Also he used the IV system flush implying that there was more than just 'discipline' behind his results.

Juan Manuel Marquez would get a mention, but he drank his own piss which shows a severe lack of judgement among other things. If you resort to drinking your own piss then you can't be that disciplined.

Comment

Thurman. He adapted a clean, spiritual lifestyle and believes in Zen.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                      Thurman. He adapted a clean, spiritual lifestyle and believes in Zen.
                      I dunno.

I always thought he looks like he stinks of bong water.

Comment

Working...
                      X