No announcement yet.

Sadam Ali: What do you guys think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sadam Ali: What do you guys think?

What do you guys think of this kid? I've seen a couple of his fights on tv and he has just signed a deal with GBP. He's at 147, good height, good size for a welterweight, how far can he go? The division is clearly divided into two tiers, the top 4 of Pac, JMM, Floyd, Bradley then the rest, consisting of Guerrero, Berto, Paulie, Devon, Broner, Brook and possibly Khan if he moves up there.

From what I've seen he is being brought along very carefully but he has some nice skills, is quick and got some pop too. In a year or so of solid comp I think he'll be knocking on the doors of division 2 at ww but can he go further? I don't think so.

Is this the same guy that was self promoting himself with his dad?

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Is this the same guy that was self promoting himself with his dad?
      Yes he is....

The guy has skills, but doubt he will ever be a world beater, but he could have a decent career, just dont see him headlining ppv one day or on p4p lists...

Im not sold on how GBP handles there fighters...

Mares is a champ but his popularity is not where it should be for an aggressive, 3-divison, undefeated mexican....

Wilder, Russeljr, seem to be taking forever to building their name/brand

Canelo was already a star in mexico when GBP signed him, plus they are already cashing him out with the floyd fight.....

Would have preferred him to go to top rank, they know how to build guys, like manny, pavlik, chavezjr, rios, donaire, oscar, floyd, foreman comeback... They are the best in the business at building a fighter...

Ali needs to sign with Al haymon to have any shot at the big leagues...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
        Yes he is....

The guy has skills, but doubt he will ever be a world beater, but he could have a decent career, just dont see him headlining ppv one day or on p4p lists...

Im not sold on how GBP handles there fighters...

Mares is a champ but his popularity is not where it should be for an aggressive, 3-divison, undefeated mexican....

Wilder, Russeljr, seem to be taking forever to building their name/brand

Canelo was already a star in mexico when GBP signed him, plus they are already cashing him out with the floyd fight.....

Would have preferred him to go to top rank, they know how to build guys, like manny, pavlik, chavezjr, rios, donaire, oscar, floyd, foreman comeback... They are the best in the business at building a fighter...

Ali needs to sign with Al haymon to have any shot at the big leagues...
        Agreed, GBP seem a bit stunned anytime they have a good fighter on their hands and don't know what to do. Guys like Matthysse, Garcia, Peterson are all exciting fighters and champs, former champs and yet they aren't on the level in terms of popularity that they should be.

Mares is a great example. Why is that? Is the team inexperienced? GBP certainly aren't afraid to take risks and they have in recent times been putting on great shows but there is 0 mainstream appeal behind the names mentioned.

I don't think Ali will fare that good in a pretty stacked division.

Comment

Working...
        X