No announcement yet.

"Floyd waited until Manny got old"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    That's the new term for ducking in the Floyd era, "I let the fight marinate". More like die on the vine.

While real boxing fans measure a fighter's greatness in skill, accomplishment, seeking out the best opponents, taking on dangerous fights, and coming back from adversity, Floyd and his flunkies measure greatness in terms of money and a very well-protected, cherry-picked undefeated record. They choose flash over substance.

I'll take a champion in 8 weight classes, 3-time fighter of the year, fighter of the decade, and true warrior of the sport over someone who never truly challenged themselves and avoided all of the elites in their prime while receiving two or three gift decisions in his career.
    i am in agreement with this 100%...

i let the fight marinate, but its the other guy thats holding up the fight....(aka bait and switch)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        he was knocked out 2 times before that man..and after the floyd fight he dominated Bradley and is now a ww champ again and still p4p..so kill the excuses
        Bradley was never on Pac's level, and that was a much closer fight than it should have been. None of that disproves the fact that Manny was still way past it when he fought Floyd (and he was injured going up against Floyd, I might add...)

Comment

They spent years waiting for Floyd to get old and he still schooled Manny and made Manny fight like a scared coward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
            I'm not sure but I think floyd offered 50/50 split to fight Pacquiao 2009 - this was way before Pac was slept by JMM.

Not sure why the negotiations failed in 2009. It must have failed because pac wanted more than the 50/50 split. No other reason that I am aware of.
            Floyd offered him 40 million. Offered to wire him 20 million. Pacquiao said no and hung up on him.

Pacquiao and Roach wanted advance notice of blood and urine testing. That's NOT "random" at that point.

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Its the truth.

There is a such thing called ring age. Certain styles burn out out sooner or faster than others. Some styles go through wars .

Floyds ring age was a lot younger than mannys.

Manny being knocked out cold by an old blown up marquez shows proof in
            1. Manny wasnt at his best or peak any longer
            2.his body and chin were battle torn
            3.his ring age increased a whole lot more
            4.mentally he would never be the same

Any boxing fan who doesnt know or acknowledge the fact that ring age exsists , being knocked out cold by a previous opponent , or that certain styles burn out quicker than others is a newbie.

Floyd is levels above a rios or an algeiri or a horn even at an older age in which his ring age was still about 30-32 when he fought manny..

Mannys ring age imo was about 40 years old when he fought floyd.
            Ring age is an excuse. The reality is, one fighter meets another that has his number. Case in point: Naseem Hamed.

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
            hmmm....

i don't remember this happening with pernell, roy, tito, hearns, bhop, jt, marv, lennox, holy, oscar, mike spinks, duran, where the top dog conveniently decided to take a 2 year vacation, just when the division was heating up....

this is only a floyd thang....
            Nice of you to avoid Leonard who notably ducked Duran for the longest time before the second fight, then ducked Hagler for the first fight AND the rematch. But yeah

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
              Bradley was never on Pac's level, and that was a much closer fight than it should have been. None of that disproves the fact that Manny was still way past it when he fought Floyd (and he was injured going up against Floyd, I might add...)
              i gotta be honest, all i hear is excuse after excuse..and its ridiculous you go thru so much just to discredit a person

Comment

Working...
              X