Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Roman Gonzalez evading the Juan Francisco Estrada rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
    Well that sucks. What the heck is his 2016 schedule?
    Apparently Gio Segura on March 5th and his return on September against Cuadras for the WBC Super Flyweight strap. This is what he said supposedly on the link I posted earlier in the thread. It's in Spanish, in case you want to read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztekkas View Post
      Apparently Gio Segura on March 5th and his return on September against Cuadras for the WBC Super Flyweight strap. This is what he said supposedly on the link I posted earlier in the thread. It's in Spanish, in case you want to read it.

Segura's a crap fight. Fuk that.

Now Cuadras/Gonzalez would be a fukin showdown! Cuadras ain't no joke. Gonzalez might be biting off more than he can chew trying to jump up another weight class and win a belt.

Comment

Roman just gave us his planned schedule for 2016, nowhere did he mention Estrada in it . Atleast Cuadras would be a worthy opponent. He can use his legs, has power,throws punches in bunches and can take a shot. A more unpolished, flawed version of Gallito Estrada in a sense.

However, Cuadras needs to get past Srisaket Sor Rungvisai. Goodluck with that, he almost got folded last time, I wonder if he can snatch the victory again this time around.

I understand that but it seems like HBO may have other plans. Apparently Mr. Honda has worked out a deal with the WBC to have Roman potentially hold their belts in two seperate divisions. If I recall correctly last time around when HBO interviewed Roman they had mentioned Naoya, not Estrada. With his move to 115 it seems like Roman is lining himself up for a clash with the Japanese sensation, rather than a "mega fight rematch" with Estrada.

I doubt they'll put him in against Naoya either. Like I said they're going to ride his 1 p4p status a bit. Build him up and let him have some easy fights against known opponents for a while. Once he's more known they'll take their chances with tougher guys. Also the fact theyre mentioning 115 could mean maybe Gomzalez is having trouble making 112 and are preparing his move to 115

Comment

Diablo, no puedo parar de reir

Yup. Yaegashi, my drunk uncle, some Filipino Bulastog vendor, washed up Sosa, The Hawaiin Wrist Slap and an Anciano Azteca is apparently all you need to become the number one PFP fighter in the world.
          Gracias, Feliz ano nuevo! Hermano!

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
            Segura's a crap fight. Fuk that.

Now Cuadras/Gonzalez would be a fukin showdown! Cuadras ain't no joke. Gonzalez might be biting off more than he can chew trying to jump up another weight class and win a belt.
            I completely agree, but Cuadras has to get past Rungvisai first. Idk man, I'm rooting for Srisaket myself. I love watching Thai warriors put it all on the line every time, Cuadras might not be as lucky as last time.

Regardless, Roman vs Cuadras/Rungvisai would be both awesome fights. I would love to see Srisaket test Roman's whiskers, the guy hits like a truck.

Anyway the point of my thread remains :lol: , it seems like Roman is avoiding Estrada entirely at this point.

Comment

I completely agree, but Cuadras has to get past Rungvisai first. Idk man, I'm rooting for Srisaket myself. I love watching Thai warriors put it all on the line every time, Cuadras might not be as lucky as last time.

Regardless, Roman vs Cuadras/Rungvisai would be both awesome fights. I would love to see Srisaket test Roman's whiskers, the guy hits like a truck.

Anyway the point of my thread remains :lol: , it seems like Roman is avoiding Estrada entirely at this point.

Fuuuuuk I hope Cuadras isn't traveling to Thailand to fight him. It'd be Marquez/John all over again

It does look suspect tho. I think HBO wants the Estrada rematch whether Gonzalez beats Cuadras or not. Estrada has a future at HBO imo.
              Last edited by BOXEO _; 01-05-2016, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Dude is shook! what else can it be.

Comment

Diablo, no puedo parar de reir

Yup. Yaegashi, my drunk uncle, some Filipino Bulastog vendor, washed up Sosa, The Hawaiin Wrist Slap and an Anciano Azteca is apparently all you need to become the number one PFP fighter in the world.
                  lol the hype is real.

Comment

If he fights Cuadras instead of Estrada that actually might be a better and more harder fight for Roman.

Comment

Working...
                    X