Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Robbery of the Year 2015 - VOTE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im going with floyd-pac, not that it was the worst decision ever but simply because of how many people got it wrong. most people seem to think floyd won simply based on inaccurate compubox numbers. when in actuality they landed almost the same amount, but the majority of pac's punches were clean, the majority of floyd's were not landing cleanly, the vast majority of pac's punches were power punches, the majority of floyd's were jabs. pac clearly won the clean punching and defense categories, but floyd was given the fight because he "outboxed" pac which is puzzling and contradictory if you aren't landing clean and don't have the better defense. this fight revealed that fights are won based on perception/reputation and not on reality. even to this day you will still see people saying floyd won because he did what he wanted, he controlled the fight, other things that ignore the actual action that took place in the ring.

Comment

Walters vs Sosa

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
        Ricky burns vs omar Figueroa was a bad one
        Almost forgot about that one, Ricky was robbed

Comment

Pascal lost that fight and his "win" will have the most impact of any of these (being that he gets booked with Kovalev right away) but the Walters robbery was so absurd that it has to get #1.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            im going with floyd-pac, not that it was the worst decision ever but simply because of how many people got it wrong. most people seem to think floyd won simply based on inaccurate compubox numbers. when in actuality they landed almost the same amount, but the majority of pac's punches were clean, the majority of floyd's were not landing cleanly, the vast majority of pac's punches were power punches, the majority of floyd's were jabs. pac clearly won the clean punching and defense categories, but floyd was given the fight because he "outboxed" pac which is puzzling and contradictory if you aren't landing clean and don't have the better defense. this fight revealed that fights are won based on perception/reputation and not on reality. even to this day you will still see people saying floyd won because he did what he wanted, he controlled the fight, other things that ignore the actual action that took place in the ring.
            Though I had Floyd winning, after watching the punches landed in slow-mo, it's clear that you have a strong point.

Comment

I watched the fight once. Didn't have a problem with the decision. Maybe if I watched it again (which I'm not) I'd agree with you. But I do agree that perception plays too great a role. Scoring isn't an exact science. It's just too subjective. But it's all we've had for over a century. The robberies will continue until technology is introduced that makes human judges obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                You are the only one that thinks that way. You must be Vargas himself.

Nobody cares of somebody that got beat 11 3/4 rounds and lands one good punch at the very end with no time on. Move on dude
                Oh I see...therefore nobody should be rinsing ''a puncher's chance'' phrases in boxing or the ''controversial Tim Bradley.'' ''Dude,'' it's Top Rank! The most bullshıt promotions company getting away with corruption all the time. Doesn't matter if Bradley averaged 8/4 rounds over Vargas. Look at the scorecards and compare any boxing match? How many boxing matches are there in year? Bradley was going to get knocked out. I'm a fan of both fighters. Don't get it twisted, like your knowledge on boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Oh I see...therefore nobody should be rinsing ''a puncher's chance'' phrases in boxing or the ''controversial Tim Bradley.'' ''Dude,'' it's Top Rank! The most bullshıt promotions company getting away with corruption all the time. Doesn't matter if Bradley averaged 8/4 rounds over Vargas. Look at the scorecards and compare any boxing match? How many boxing matches are there in year? Bradley was going to get knocked out. I'm a fan of both fighters. Don't get it twisted, like your knowledge on boxing.
                  There was not enough time on the clock for Bradley to get KOed. Don't act either like Vargas never got a gift because he got at least 3 by the time he fought Bradley

Comment

Gonzalez-Pascal and Walters-Sosa. I thought Walters won by a landslide over Sosa but they did the same thing to him that was done to Bradley in the Chaves fight.

Comment

If you watch the slowmo slower (like one frame every 3 years), it'll help you to see the error of your ways.

Comment

Working...
                      X