Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux would be a huge historic fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, certainly a historic fight, I'm looking forward to it one day happening but Loma needs at least a few more fights.

Comment

I was messing around with the 1st comment both are elite amateurs, the best two of recent times.
      Loma said he needs a few more fights before he faces him so I guess we'll just have to wait if Rigo decides to go up to 126 or a catchweight

Comment

Originally posted by DosRounds View Post
        I lvoe Lomachenko and I love the fight but tbh with you they are not the same
        Rigo is all gold everything Loma got one silver
        Lomachenko has one loss, Rigo has several. They the two best.

Comment

Good thing Rigo has low mileage i doubt age will catch up to him before Loma is ready for it i would like this fight eventually.

Comment

I personally do not mind then fighting say 3 times by amateur rules, 3 times 4 rounds, really curious on who outpoints who

Comment

lomachenko has a slightly better amatuer record but is obviously a far lesser fighter then rigo (keep in mind that rigo is from cuba and had defect to the untied states. 2 totally different situations) normally it takes me a while to warm up to an amatuer fighter as a professional but with rigo he had lightning foot speed, crushing power & extreme twitch muscles..........he's like a little cyborg. he's actually something special..........with lomachenko i don't see that. (i saw his fights without head gear & his debut) he waits too long & at times lets his opponent back into the fight. he also gets fidgeted quickly........the guy that he was fighting was getting off with shots to the head & body. remirez had horrible technique though & didn't know how to throw a proper punch to save his life.....(slapping shots) even then in spurts of the fight he was able to discourage lemachenko.

i just don't see it............

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                lomachenko has a slightly better amatuer record but is obviously a far lesser fighter then rigo (keep in mind that rigo is from cuba and had defect to the untied states. 2 totally different situations) normally it takes me a while to warm up to an amatuer fighter as a professional but with rigo he had lightning foot speed, crushing power & extreme twitch muscles..........he's like a little cyborg. he's actually something special..........with lomachenko i don't see that. (i saw his fights without head gear & his debut) he waits too long & at times lets his opponent back into the fight. he also gets fidgeted quickly........the guy that he was fighting was getting off with shots to the head & body. remirez had horrible technique though & didn't know how to throw a proper punch to save his life.....(slapping shots) even then in spurts of the fight he was able to discourage lemachenko.

i just don't see it............
                I believe Lomachenko said he wanted to go 10 rounds and get some rounds in at the least. Honestly he could of probably got Ramirez out way sooner. He took some shots but it kind of looked like he was just not respecting Ramirez' power at all.

I'm a big Rigo fan and right now he would obviously be the favorite, but I don't see this huge talent disparity as you do between them. Both are two of the greatest amateurs of all time, Lomachenko also has good food and hand speed, throws combos in bunches and has excellent foot movement as well. The fidigity thing you're talking about I think is just a result of his high-energy style.

Lomachenko has never taken a punch from someone like Rigo and it would be interesting to see how he would react to a punch from a guy who can match his workrate and speed......(The Salido fight will tell a lot about his chin though) But Rigo has been dropped by a FAR lesser fighter then Lomachenko so it's not completely out of the realm of possiblity to think that Lomachenko could hurt Rigo with a clean punch. IMO

Comment

it would also be one of rigos easiest wins

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
                    I believe Lomachenko said he wanted to go 10 rounds and get some rounds in at the least. Honestly he could of probably got Ramirez out way sooner. He took some shots but it kind of looked like he was just not respecting Ramirez' power at all.

I'm a big Rigo fan and right now he would obviously be the favorite, but I don't see this huge talent disparity as you do between them. Both are two of the greatest amateurs of all time, Lomachenko also has good food and hand speed, throws combos in bunches and has excellent foot movement as well. The fidigity thing you're talking about I think is just a result of his high-energy style.

Lomachenko has never taken a punch from someone like Rigo and it would be interesting to see how he would react to a punch from a guy who can match his workrate and speed......(The Salido fight will tell a lot about his chin though) But Rigo has been dropped by a FAR lesser fighter then Lomachenko so it's not completely out of the realm of possiblity to think that Lomachenko could hurt Rigo with a clean punch. IMO
                    ok........

lamechenko gets fatigued after 3 rounds.........I've seen all of his fights without head gear & his most recent debut. lamechenko has decent footwork for the 1st 2 rounds & then he starts getting extremely sloppy,...sometimes he'll even get caught up of using his legs for a whole round and forgets about throwing one punch. he has no jab at all from what i can see.........i personally don't see anything special......and if you can't see the talent gab between rigo & lamechenko theres something seriously wrong. rigo throws a jab, pivots, throws a blazing left to the body. darts in & out like nobodies business.....can and has always been able to hold his work rate after 3 rounds. his twitch muscles are ridiculous. like i said, he looks like a little cyborg at times the way he pops you & goes back into position. example (see the 12 round of the donaire fight. watch the left that blinded donaire for the remaining of the fight) he hit donaire and went back into position so smoothly as if he was a robot..........

rigo from what I see is actually ahead of his time & special (i don't see that with too many amatuer fighters. but rigo is)......lamenchko is more of a product that arum & hbo is desperately trying to build into a superstar. i don't see lamenchko as a special fighter.
                    Last edited by Godsfly; 10-13-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

lomachenko carried ramirez to the 4th round, it was pretty obvious at least to me

he knew from round one that he could tag ramirez whenever he wanted to, he seemed to want to get some rounds in

dude is legit as much as a 1-0 guy could be lol

Comment

Working...
                      X