Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Guerrero: I Have The Style To Take Mayweather Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People posting on this site continue to disappoint me, I think most people that know boxing and have been Watching it for a long time know that Mayweather/Guerrero is an excellent match, Guerrero is a tough matchup for anyone, and would be a close betting underdog vs Mayweather. Too many people see Mayweather as practically invincible, but Guerrero gives him all kinds of problems with his combination punching, adaptability, size, and will to win. Robert Guerrero is a more difficult match for Floyd than the current versions of Pacquiao or Sergio.

Comment

Guerrero Doesnt deserve to fight Mayweather. RG. Couldnt KO a Blind Berto would get outboxed easily by MM. Guerrero has one Significant win & now wants MM. What a Joke.

Comment

The ghost can give Floyd a tough fight

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
          The ghost can give Floyd a tough fight
          See this is the problem though. I don't want to see somebody give Floyd a tough fight. I want to see an opponent that can BEAT Floyd. I want to see somebody that can push him to his limits and take him into deep waters. I'm tired of the outcomes of Mayweather fights already being decided by Round 9.

Somebody come out and say right now: "Robert Guerrero can defeat Floyd Mayweather". I don't care if Guerrero can make it a tough fight or give Floyd problems. I want to see an opponent that poses a legitimate threat.

Especially considering Floyd only fights once per year.

Comment

not true at all. Guererro isnt a walk in the park but hes an easier fight than Pac or Martinez - u gotta be kiddin me. Pac still dominated Bradley who is one of the top 10-15 lb for lb fighters in boxing. people are all about what have u don for me lately. If Pac finally beats Marquez convincingly, then u cant tell me that MM v Guererro should happen over mm v PAc. It truly makes me sick that not only did May v Pac never happen, but now, people just accept that Mayweather and Srum are ducking the fight and talk about all the other fights May should take

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
              Well, there aren't too many guys at welterweight that meet your criteria. Obviously the best fight is Bradley. Likely wont happen for two reasons - bradley would probably turn it down in hopes for something bigger and Top Rank/Golden Boy rivalry. So who's next? Paulie Malignaggi, Kell Brook & Devon Alexander. None of those guys are better wins than beating Berto.
              Alexander is better and more accomplished then Berto...Brook could be something,but need to see more...An Paulie(well)is Paulie...I just want him to fight a belt holder at least(even if it is Paulie)to earn that shot at May...Berto does not do that imo...I also don't believe Berto is a better win to have then Alexander or Brook..I think both might be better victory's...

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                He figured out Berto's philly shell defense in 1 round

It'd probably take him 2 or 3 rounds to figure out floyds but guerrero is a southpaw so he would try to outbox a guy with better workrate, power and footspeed

Ain't happening
                Obvious troll, we should not respond to this drivel.

Comment

The press tour might just KO Guerrero, he should stop.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
                    People posting on this site continue to disappoint me, I think most people that know boxing and have been Watching it for a long time know that Mayweather/Guerrero is an excellent match, Guerrero is a tough matchup for anyone, and would be a close betting underdog vs Mayweather. Too many people see Mayweather as practically invincible, but Guerrero gives him all kinds of problems with his combination punching, adaptability, size, and will to win. Robert Guerrero is a more difficult match for Floyd than the current versions of Pacquiao or Sergio.
                    Clearly you don't understand why JMM got blanked by Mayweather. He's not invincible but you need FOOTSPEED to match up with Mayweather these days. Floyd versus Guerrero would look like a Porsche weaving through some cones. 120-108. For the same reason both Pacquiao and Martinez have a fighting chance. Guerrero has no chance whatsoever.

Comment

Not making excuses - Berto lost fair and square but I really think that if he stopped trying to be Floyd in this fight, he would have won - a cut in the first round makes it difficult to gauge how he would compare but I never expected such a pathetic performance. Congratulations to Guerrero but I still don't consider him an elite fighter. He's at best, B level - give him young blood who hasn't been inactive like Bradley or Garcia and Guerrero will be knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X