Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The key to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr. = Pressure ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The BEST way to beat him is by using Amir Khan's amateur-like in/out, high punch output, fast handed combination, style... And being able to do it for 12 rounds

Amir Khan I give a great, and people underestimate Pac's chances.... That said, u really gotta know what ur doing in there

Comment

floyd will school and punish both kahn and pac. they cant beat him. he beats them 10/10 times

Comment

and the key to beat Calzaghe? ! ! !.......answer please.......you guys act like undeafeted = GOAT.......Willie Pep.....was ko and lost 9-10 times (i think), you think that floyd > pep?.......to me he lost to corrales, so to answer YES....inside skill and pressure **** him up........

Comment

Originally posted by underground man View Post
          imo to beat floyd you'd need to be:

- bigger and more physically powerful
          - skilled on the inside
          - tireless/very high output
          - skilled at cutting off the ring
          - can take a good punch

it really is a shame the margarito fight never happened.
          I don't think Mayweather would get in the ring with Margarito even at this point. And yes.... I do think it would be an extremely competitive fight if it happened right now.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
            floyd will school and punish both kahn and pac. they cant beat him. he beats them 10/10 times

i guess we should just have to take your word for it huh

Comment

The two fighters that have given Mayweather the most problems were Castillo and Hatton, two good pressure fighters. Someone who knew how to effectively pressure is still the best bet to beat Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by 11Hopeful View Post
                I don't think Mayweather would get in the ring with Margarito even at this point. And yes.... I do think it would be an extremely competitive fight if it happened right now.
                BINGO!!!

Floyd's style is 'judge friendly' for some reason....not sure, give him the round....kinda close, give him the round.....blocked a lot of punches, give him the round.....lands a punch AND an elbow, give him the round.

I think Margarito's style would leave no doubt as to who wins each round.
                Last edited by Mike Haynes; 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty much convinced it's impossible to outbox Floyd from a distance unless you have a big height and reach advantage like a guy like Forrest or Hearns would. But I'd say in order to beat Floyd you need to be a better boxer than anything. He's too hard to hit clean. He can throw every counter in the book. Just pressuring him will still give him opportunity to score.

Intelligent pressure is probably the best way to describe it. Not throwing the same 1-2 every time like Ortiz (and Pac might be forced to do) or running in nearly chin up like Hatton did. Even Castillo got hit clean more than he should have. He just has a great chin, the other thing you need. Really I think Oscar had the best game plan. He mixed in boxing with pressuring Floyd to the ropes.

Pick off his punches, land the jab a little, then try to outland him on the ropes.
                  Last edited by -Antonio-; 10-28-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Why do people say mayweather killed Castillo in the second fight? Such horse****! He beat him clearly...nothing more, nothing less. 8-4 at the most. Castillo is the only truly skilled pressure fighter mayweather has ever fought, he would been in deep water against others on that level or better, ie Chavez

You have to be an elite, A level fighter no matter what type of style you have, to beat floyd. He has only fought 3 A level fighters in my opinion, and they were all past their best, or in case of marquez past his best and too small.

Comment

non stop pressure, high punch output, and abilty to cut the ring off...if youre a southpaw, it's even easier to get to him.....

and i agree with margs giving floyd a hard tough fight!

Comment

Working...
                      X