Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Kim: Pavlik has commited to fighting on the May 7th Pacquiao-Mosley undercard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    I hate when ******ed posters state that "a fighter is shot" after one bad performance. Sure Pavlik got beat handily, but he was beat by a much sharper, quicker, and motivated fighter. That's hardly being "shot."..
    Unmotivated is no excuse man. He should have got a job at Cosco if he didnt want to fight. Excuse after excuse. Yeah not motivated is pretty much the definition of shot dummy. Whats shot to you? Does he have to be missing a damn arm. Not motivated, outta shape, inability to defend yourself, forgetting how to cut the ring off is "shot" in my book. He used to be my favorite great white hope. He maybe a great person but at this point he's a bad boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      Unmotivated is no excuse man. He should have got a job at Cosco if he didnt want to fight. Excuse after excuse. Yeah not motivated is pretty much the definition of shot dummy. Whats shot to you? Does he have to be missing a damn arm. Not motivated, outta shape, inability to defend yourself, forgetting how to cut the ring off is "shot" in my book. He used to be my favorite great white hope. He maybe a great person but at this point he's a bad boxer.
      Being "shot" is when a fighter has slowed reflexes and cannot pull the trigger (because of said reflexes). A shot fighter may not be able to get out of the way of punches and generally is "chinny." Motivation has nothing to do with being shot, just ask Roy Jones Jr. and Evander Holyfield. Those guys have all the motivation in the world but their reflexes and punch resistence have diminished greatly leaving them both "shot."

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        Being "shot" is when a fighter has slowed reflexes and cannot pull the trigger (because of said reflexes). A shot fighter may not be able to get out of the way of punches and generally is "chinny." Motivation has nothing to do with being shot, just ask Roy Jones Jr. and Evander Holyfield. Those guys have all the motivation in the world but their reflexes and punch resistence have diminished greatly leaving them both "shot."
        Those are good examples. Its one thing to not be motivated and retire. Its another to claim youre not motivated and get your ass in the ring anyway. He couldnt pull the trigger fast enough against Matinez. He just walked around following him. If his cuts were the biggest issue great fighter turn up the heat so it cant be an excuse. He's always been slow and he looked even
        slower for that fight. If he looks the same in his next fight then you and your buddy should write me an apology thread and I'll promise the same.

Comment

Even though Kelly Pavlik hasn't had a notable win in several years, I'm not so quick to write him off, as many here already have. Pavlik's got to get his personal life in order and rededicate himself to the sport. We'll see how good or bad he is, in his next fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
            Is Soto-Antillon 2 signed for this undercard? I've seen this fight listed in a few places but I haven't seen it being official. That fight alone would be worth buying the PPV.
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

i hope it goes through for kelly....im gonna be pissed if he gets some weird "injury" in training camp a week before the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                I hope so. If it is the undercard would be shaping up nicely.

Comment

I still think Pavlik could beat Paul Williams.

Comment

Working...
                  X