Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was anyone actually surpirsed by Khan getting KO'd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joshyp18 View Post
    i am actually amazed warren put his new golden boy in with such a dangerous opponent because he is going to lose out on a **** load of money now
    Prescott shouldn't have been dangerous though, Prescott had beaten 3 people with winning records out of 19 fights. Most of his opponents had records like 0-0-0 or 0-6-0, the guy he fought before Khan had 10 wins and one draw and Prescott scraped past him with a SD.

I like Prescott now though, I really hope he makes it.

Comment

I was not suprised at the outcome, I came into the fight 50/50 on who would win.

There is no doubting Khans boxing and attacking ability, that was never the problem, I think the accusations of him being a bum are a little harsh, he is far from a bum- he is just not a complete fighter.....

...And thats because he has ALWAYS been chinny, everyone knew this already, why is there such an overreaction of people saying 'i told you so' etc? He was floored in his last fight and floored a couple fights before that by a feather fisted fighter, that was no suprise. so was he exposed? no, because you can't expose what was already blarringly obvious.

In prescott, it didnt matter that he was unknown or unherald, Khan was fighting a hungry kid who had knocked out 17 of his previous 19 opponents, inside a MINUTE. Bums or not, that still indicates heavy ****ing fists.

I feel sorry for him, its such a shame because he is talented but theres nothing he can do about his punch resistance.

And the hate and glee i see in people who are happy a 21 year old kid got knocked out sickens me. Its disgusting to see people ****ting on a hardworking young man, who is only chasing his dream, providing for himself and his family, and one that at such a young age has already contributed alot of time and money to charity and his community. And he wasnt cocky, he was just confident. If you're 21 and you don't have confidence then you're probably a nerd lol.

Comment

Not at all. it's easy to say it now, but when I found out Khan was facing an untested power puncher form Columbia, I just knew he was in trouble. That's what made me want to watch the stream.

Comment

I wasn't after he got wobbled by the jab but I wasn't expecting him to lose.

Comment

It was hardly unexpected but there was still an element of shock about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              You can't tell how good someone's chin is in the am's because the aim is on volume and accuracy not power. Alot of the guys are younger as well and aren't fully matured. He was dropped and hurt in the am's as well.
              Was he? But great amatuers nearly always make at leasst decent pros dont they? And khan is still young, and he wasnt punished over many rounds in that fight so can comeback.

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
              I wasn't after he got wobbled by the jab but I wasn't expecting him to lose.
              I thought Khan after sampling some of the power would have become a bit more careful. But he still got caught after taking the jab. Which is a bit dissapointing.

Comment

I was suprised that he was KOd in less than 1 minute by a no name..

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  Was he? But great amatuers nearly always make at leasst decent pros dont they? And khan is still young, and he wasnt punished over many rounds in that fight so can comeback.

I thought Khan after sampling some of the power would have become a bit more careful. But he still got caught after taking the jab. Which is a bit dissapointing.
                  Yea, they were talking about him being dropped in the ams after the fight on the stream I was watching by Craig Watson. That isn't true great am's don't always make decent pro's look at Audley Harrison, Tyrell Briggs etc.

Comment

I've seen the footage of him getting dropped in the AMs. He got hit, then a second later did a bit of a chicken dance and fell down. I think he got back up but it did look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bully View Post
                      I was not suprised at the outcome, I came into the fight 50/50 on who would win.

There is no doubting Khans boxing and attacking ability, that was never the problem, I think the accusations of him being a bum are a little harsh, he is far from a bum- he is just not a complete fighter.....

...And thats because he has ALWAYS been chinny, everyone knew this already, why is there such an overreaction of people saying 'i told you so' etc? He was floored in his last fight and floored a couple fights before that by a feather fisted fighter, that was no suprise. so was he exposed? no, because you can't expose what was already blarringly obvious.

In prescott, it didnt matter that he was unknown or unherald, Khan was fighting a hungry kid who had knocked out 17 of his previous 19 opponents, inside a MINUTE. Bums or not, that still indicates heavy ****ing fists.

I feel sorry for him, its such a shame because he is talented but theres nothing he can do about his punch resistance.

And the hate and glee i see in people who are happy a 21 year old kid got knocked out sickens me. Its disgusting to see people ****ting on a hardworking young man, who is only chasing his dream, providing for himself and his family, and one that at such a young age has already contributed alot of time and money to charity and his community. And he wasnt cocky, he was just confident. If you're 21 and you don't have confidence then you're probably a nerd lol.

Well said, Have to say though that i thought Khan would dispose of Prescott because i never thought Warren would put khan in there with anyone who has a better chance at beating him, Warren wouldnt even put anyone in there who has a 30-70% chance of beating his prizefighter.

But i dont understand the joy that people seem to be getting in seeing a 21 yrs old kid getting KO.

Comment

Working...
                      X