Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Kim: "Freddie Roach might become Victor Ortiz' new trainer"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's with everyone jumping to Roach all of a sudden, they get beat down and get convinced that somehow Roach will magically make their problems go away, Khan is a great example of this

Comment

Ortiz kept pulling back. Partly I think because he was having success with the counter right hook while doing so. Once the right hands were landing, he had no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
        Ortiz kept pulling back. Partly I think because he was having success with the counter right hook while doing so. Once the right hands were landing, he had no answer.
        You could see Maidana waiting to toss that big right, Ortiz should have feinted then countered.

As a southpaw you have to be aware of how open you are for that right, that made me realise Ortiz was not prepared for a real challenge.

Comment

he should go with Jack Leow and double up that fookin jab

Comment

Originally posted by FLYBOY View Post
            that would mean no Khan-Ortiz then
            exactly, if roach is training khan and ortiz, then that fight goes out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by joe90210 View Post
              what's with everyone jumping to Roach all of a sudden, they get beat down and get convinced that somehow Roach will magically make their problems go away, Khan is a great example of this
              to be fair, roach has done a good job w/ khan, I mean he has yet to be KTFO again.

Comment

I think a lot of people are forgetting that aside from the tutelage of Freddie Roach, they get a lot perks from training in the Wild Card gym: very energetic atmosphere, better sparring partners, publicity, Hollywood factor, etc.

Comment

Working...
                X