No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn can't count

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    And people think they gave away 7-8,000 tickets.

It’s not that a promoter (Hearn) lies. It’s that he rightly guesses people are dumb enough to believe tales like this.
    Yeah I don’t buy that, there’s no way that the percentage of complimentary tickets could exceed 50% of total attendance. My guess is it’s normally in the 20% range.... I could be wrong but that’s my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Yeah like all Promoters Eddie loves to EMBELLISH the NUMBERS but they all do it in Boxing! The only thing is, with Eddie, it is some people who believe his every word and they jump on this forum and on youtube and run with whatever he says.

Yeah, they ALL Embellish the number but behind the scenes I question if ANY of these boxing people are truly turning a profit. In America however, the Networks are covering cost so Fighters and Promoters still walk away from the event with a TON of money regardless if the Event does well or not. Exactly why HBO got the F#CK out of Boxing! They the ones that was losing Money while fighters and promoters was pretending like they was doing these big numbers

Anyway, AJ is going to draw a good crowd because unlike us Americans, Brits Support their guys! It is going to be a excellent crowd tomorrow, a mostly Brit Crowd but regardless a good Crowd
      You had to get tickets for the weigh in to get in so I am sure they know the numbers. I got 2 but unfortunately stuck on bloody tourist bus in NY with missus.

Comment

Lol damn, I didn't know the AJ-Ruiz weigh-in had as many people as Wilder's last fight! Not sure if it's true, but very embarrassing if it is.

Comment

Working...
        X