Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just STOP with the "next/beats prime Floyd" BS. You're doing fighters a disservice.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just STOP with the "next/beats prime Floyd" BS. You're doing fighters a disservice.

Shakur Stevenson.
    Gervonta "Tank" Davis.
    Errol Spence.
    Terence Crawford.
    Devin Haney.
    Josh Kelly.
    Teofimo Lopez.
    Lomachenko.
    Mikey Garcia.
    Keith Thurman.

Over and over again, NSB sees some highlight fight from one of these guys and inevitably, it's "NEXT FLOYD!!!" or "BETTER THAN FLOYD!!!" or "BEATS PRIME FLOYD!!". Just raft jumping and bandwagoning based on stellar performances against the B and C class.

Ask yourself this. Right now, if these guys were in the ring with someone like Chino or even pre-Chino Victor Ortiz, do you seriously think they look as amazing against him? Like honestly?

Of that list, Thurman is the only standout. Everyone else struggles big time against either guy and doesn't look anywhere near as impressive.

I'm not saying Ortiz beats those guys, I'm saying prime Ortiz pre-Chino makes those guys look basic in the ring and takes them to their limit.

Spence would probably put Ortiz in a coma in 6 rounds. Other than that, everyone gets taken to their limit. This is not disputable.

Given this, and given how easily a "past prime" Floyd dismantled Ortiz, how can we possibly say that they're better than or equal to him? It's a joke.

Until I see these guys beat named, quality fighters, we need to stop putting them in the same list as Floyd Mayweather.

If Thurman does what I expect him to do - decision Manny with veritable ease - then he will be up there on the list for sure. Other than that...you guys need to do like Buddy McGirt: "let's stop it baby".

Well said buddy.expect very little comments on this thread because the truth really hurts today's sensitivity people.you can't compare anyone to Floyd.thats like trying to compare any basketball player to Michael Jordan.no one will ever come close.

Comment

Working...
    X