Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injuries during training camp

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you visualize your punching. Now is the time to visualize the mechanics. Go through the motions, make that mind body connection.

Body builders get bigger when they tap on the muscles that they are targeting.

Use your mind to create that mind/body mechanics connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
      Do you visualize your punching. Now is the time to visualize the mechanics. Go through the motions, make that mind body connection.

Body builders get bigger when they tap on the muscles that they are targeting.

Use your mind to create that mind/body mechanics connection.
      I do shadow box slowly and think about my movements and any moves I'm making, but visualisatuon is one thing I haven't done for a long time.

How exactly do you think I should incorporate this into my training?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr me View Post
        I do shadow box slowly and think about my movements and any moves I'm making, but visualisatuon is one thing I haven't done for a long time.

How exactly do you think I should incorporate this into my training?
        Since you are injured it is useful.

In the shower you shadow box, every motion you make is boxing related. I used to hold a can of soda, drop it, and try to catch it on the way down to build reflexes.

Make things reflexive.

My buddies in the marines call it, drilling until it is in your nature.
        Kinda like a flight simulator/fight simulator.

I use it at work to prepare for big meetings. I am not boxing any more, but, the mindset is second nTure still.

I saw this Japanese figure skater kid, gold
        Medalist and they showed his training, and his secret training was talking to a hypnotist about the mechanics of a quad axle, he is the best in the world at it, and says it's all mental. I was impressed.

He looks like a lil ***, but what do I know.

Comment

Working...
        X