Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 06-02-2019, 10:19 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3689 Post(s)
Hype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond reputeHype job has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,184.80
Total Points: 32,042.32
Cheers buddy - Beercules enjoy a burger - jas No Message - Y0@NN You quickly became my favorite poster :C - PorterIsFuture Dat White Privilege - Fists_of_Fury 
He's the real Superman. Not that duck Aduckis. - dirty fingers thanks - Krusher P4P #1 Debating - siablo14 One of the Top Sceners! - JabRight Some cheesy beef for sustinance for a Top Scener. - JabRight 
Trump wins - Freedom. Cheers! - anthonydavid11 here is a book brother.  I like writing books - Hairy Sachs Ave 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRod View Post
Didn’t take Ruiz seriously and never recovered from the first hard punch that out him down in the 3rd. It happens.
This, that punch in round 3 scrambled his brains it's a punch that's hard to recover from, messed his equilibrium for the whole fight.

Plus he needs a consistent sharp jab that he steps in with, too much pawing.
Hype job is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-02-2019, 10:19 PM #22
Banned

Quoted: 1530 Post(s)
Boxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond reputeBoxing1013 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 69,684.67

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt View Post
I think I pinpointed it to the fact that the temple shot caused him to lose more than just his equilibrium, it sapped his confidence. It was like a switch was flipped and he was overwhelmed with self-doubt which you could see in his eyes from that point on.

Perhaps he had a flashback where in a fight or sparring an opponent landed that punch and he was affected for some time by that punch and knew he was not going to recover quickly this time either.

Add to that the shock that he was now being hurt by a guy that he would never have had a single doubt about beating leading up to the fight.
Thanks man - good post. That story about him getting KOed cold in sparring by David Price is always in the back of my mind when it comes to AJ.
Boxing1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:41 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3984 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 71,959.63
Total Points: 93,663.29
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
Thanks bro - good analysis. I will look out for this stuff the next time I give that fight a watch.

So I guess when Joshua tried to jab Ruiz kept good distance and was just out of range, which left him open to counters? I'll have to really look for that. Probably the case.
All night long. I was quite impressed with how sneaky Ruiz was with his counters. It looked like Joshua was telegraphing something.
revelated is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:50 PM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute4truth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 32,743.92

Ruiz has an incredible chin. If he didn’t we’d be having a completely different conversation. Joshua went all in trying to take Ruiz out in the 3rd. Other fights he’s been successful with that but all he got for his trouble last night was a concussion.

When they rematch, Joshua will no doubt be thinking about winning rounds, keeping his distance and conserving energy.
4truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:55 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3142 Post(s)
Raggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,208.68
Total Points: 33,641.35
nobody likes you - %100 nobody likes you - %100 How does a d1ckhead like you not have a closet of d1cks - %100 Biggest d1ckhead in NSB - %100 here you girl little girl - %100 
you deserve a kick - %100 you deserve another kick - %100 and another - %100 left kick - %100 right kick - %100 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Keep fighting them trolls....LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck Eddie Hearn - -_- Good posts exposing Eddie the snake - -_- Have a slice you've earned it exposing Eddie the snake - -_- 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing1013 View Post
Was Ruiz better than most people thought?

Bad matchup?

Nerves/etc from his first US fight?

Didn't take training seriously?

Weak chin finally caught up to him?

The result and fight last night was just really puzzling to me - Joshua was getting backed up from the get go by this fat smaller guy lol. It was just odd to see him unable to really do much to back Ruiz up or hurt him.

I haven't watched all of AJ's fights in total - but he was able to get the job done against Povetkin, Wlad, Takam, White, and Breazeale and KO them. Got by Parker with a UD. Not exactly a HOF resume, especially considering Povetkin and Wlad were past prime and the others not that great.

But I just felt Ruiz would be in the same category as the Whites, Breazeales, Takams, Povetkins and Parkers.

I've never really seen footage of AJ looking bad in a fight before - and he looked awful to me pretty much the entire fight. I always thought AJ could really box - why couldn't he back up this dude lol?

Really not trolling - just trying to wrap my head around what the hell happened last night.
He lost because this was the first guy who could take his shots and return shots. How many guys has he fought who threw combos? None. Joshua isn’t a guy who will fight on the inside. Wider can’t fight on the inside but he will go inside to see what you have. And Joshuas lack of a jab hurt him also. His jab was effective but he didn’t throw it enough and he seemed to not want to get tired.
Raggamuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 PM #26
Tom Brady=GOAT

Quoted: 2915 Post(s)
SouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond reputeSouthPawHitman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 29,833.57
happy birthday! - -jose- Happy Birthday.. - !! AI-Holmes!! No Message - -jose- No Message - -jose- almost 2000 gift...thanks for the green - -jose- 
Heres To Connor Mcgregor Bro, Were Taking Over - Rocky... Genuinely one of the funniest posters on this site. - joseph5620 No Message - -jose- Happy New Year bro, All the best for 2016 - Rocky... No Message - -jose- 
it's going to be the FOTY - Santa_ SOG! - Cutthroat realest ni*ga on earf - Beercules Happy Holidays - TBear You are the wind beneath my wings. - PF Rudyo 
some alize for a real nicca staccin that breade - STAX ON DECK funny as fk - jas May You Have the Woman of Your Dreams - JimRaynor Go Celts!!! - Turd Best Ever A Clover for you, lad... - Tony Trick-Pony 

If Ruiz had a full camp instead of taking the fight on short notice I think AJ would’ve looked sharper
SouthPawHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 10:57 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Raggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaggamuffin has a reputation beyond repute
nobody likes you - %100 nobody likes you - %100 How does a d1ckhead like you not have a closet of d1cks - %100 Biggest d1ckhead in NSB - %100 here you girl little girl - %100 
you deserve a kick - %100 you deserve another kick - %100 and another - %100 left kick - %100 right kick - %100 
One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder Keep fighting them trolls....LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Fuck Eddie Hearn - -_- Good posts exposing Eddie the snake - -_- Have a slice you've earned it exposing Eddie the snake - -_- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype job View Post
This, that punch in round 3 scrambled his brains it's a punch that's hard to recover from, messed his equilibrium for the whole fight.

Plus he needs a consistent sharp jab that he steps in with, too much pawing.
Spot on. I gave out too much green k. Very good post.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:58 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
If Ruiz had a full camp instead of taking the fight on short notice I think AJ would’ve looked sharper
Wait what? Lol
Old 06-02-2019, 11:04 PM #29
Strong champion.

Quoted: 6459 Post(s)
New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 69,961.55
great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS 
BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS 
happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! LOL caught me good KO2. - Hi Rudyo! Suck on this Cry Baby - Rocky... couldn't green you on that big pun post, good stuff - -jose- b-scene ATG - Mike D 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

it's human nature to overlook ruiz when you've got fights on the horizon with an extra dollar sign on them.

ruiz is also a solid fighter. he has power, a good chin, and fast hands. those things make a HW dangerous. he was able to land on joshua where others were not. he has an amateur background and solid boxing skills and they served him well. went to the body, weathered a storm, and took him out in the middle rounds when he had softened him up.

joshua's going to have to box intelligently and establish his jab, or the rematch may go the same way.
New England is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 11:08 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
it's human nature to overlook ruiz when you've got fights on the horizon with an extra dollar sign on them.

ruiz is also a solid fighter. he has power, a good chin, and fast hands. those things make a HW dangerous. he was able to land on joshua where others were not. he has an amateur background and solid boxing skills and they served him well. went to the body, weathered a storm, and took him out in the middle rounds when he had softened him up.

joshua's going to have to box intelligently and establish his jab, or the rematch may go the same way.
Good post. Agreed!

Share This With Friends

Tags
boxing, joshua, night?, serious, thread

User Tag List