Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge

Old 06-01-2019, 08:48 PM #21
Metal Elitist

Quoted: 1185 Post(s)
Mighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond reputeMighty_Windir has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 202.49
Total Points: 59,502.24
the most knowledgeable metal fan ever!!! - sweetpea87 Amorrrrrrrrrrrrr <3 - Bossy welcome bro, and nice to see another FF6 fan - Ruthless One Metalhead!!!:headbang::headbang: - -KULT- Merry Christmas Mighty_Windir - TBear 
mistery solved, thanks man - Dean_Razorback 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Mighty_Windir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 08:57 PM #22
Unified Champion

Quoted: 2073 Post(s)
JJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond reputeJJRod has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,276.84
Total Points: 30,168.09
One helluva poster. Keep it - Dinamita 03 cheers bud - Beercules 

JJRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:10 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3219 Post(s)
i_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond reputei_am_a_champ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,264.17
Total Points: 51,107.00
chalk up yet another win for team sutherland - Mike D you are a sh1t poster - Freedom. Happy Easter, man. Wishing you peace and blessings. - DionysusX Congratulatory meal... - anthonydavid11 Thanks for the green and kind words. Merry Christmas. - GhostofDempsey 
Good posts - 1bad65 

Thiz is a profitable market can you see the potential?

Lets apply that to boxing

A male super feather weight boxer identifies as a fem

Destroys the division

Imagine the revenue generated
i_am_a_champ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:10 PM #24
Loma is inside you

Quoted: 1611 Post(s)
Lomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond reputeLomasexual has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,245.39
Total Points: 26,216.88
No Message - Lomasexual No Message - Lomasexual No Message - Lomasexual Z may take this. Thanks for the vote... - Tony Trick-Pony Legend - Shrap 

Quote:
Originally Posted by //// View Post
Legal accommodation for "transgenders" is a justifiably two-sided issue, but the extreme wing who believe gender has no physical/biological significance in things like athletic competition are dipping well into the realm of insanity...
I'm not sure all of them believe this. However, they believe that it is important for everyone to act as though it was true.

Trans people don't want asterisks next to their status as a man or woman.

They want to be accepted as being absolutely the same, in every way, to the sex they have transitioned to.

In other words, they don't want to be accepted as man who wants to be a women (and vice versa) they want people to treat them indistinguishably.

I understand why they want this. Gender dysphoria must be an awful thing to go through. As I understand it, any thing which reminds them of their actual sex is intensely uncomfortable to them.
Just like being enclosed in a small space is awful for someone with claustrophobia, or hearing loud noises can be bad for vets with PTSD.
Trans people don't take it as just offensive, or rude, it causes actual anguish.

With that understanding, I can see how and why they resist being told that they can't compete. It causes them anguish to think that they are not the same. It causes them anguish when they are not treated the same.

So - when there is no real cost to others - I am happy enough to indulge this. I'll call them 'him' or 'her' as they wish. I won't get in their faces, calling them a man or a woman when it isn't necessary to make the distinction.

But when it comes to some things, then the cost of managing their mental health issues needs to be weighed up.

In this case of sports, the cost - whatever it might be - is borne entirely by the biologically female athletes.

How is it fair to tell female athletes that they must allow someone with an unfair advantage over them to compete with them, to help that person deal with a mental health issue?

How is it fair to Selina Soule to tell her that her chances of a scholarship - which is worth who knows how many thousands of dollars - must be spent instead on helping two trans girls deal with their mental health issues?
Selina is not responsible for their mental health, yet it cost her (or one of the other girls displaced) thousands of real life dollars to help with other's mental wellbeing.

Or worse - in contact sports - how is it fair to risk people's physical wellbeing so that someone else's mental wellbeing can be kept at a premium?
How is it ok to risk someone's death so that someone else can remain disengaged from a reality that hurts them?

I'm not unsympathetic to trans people. I think gender dysphoria must be an awful thing, it really must.
But their rights are not more important that other people's rights, and the cost of their illness shouldn't automatically be shunted onto others.
Lomasexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 AM #25
Greatness!!

Quoted: 2763 Post(s)
megas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond reputemegas30 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,251.62
Total Points: 31,286.31
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for the link - hectari good post! - -jose- No Message - -jose- f*ck racism, cheers! - ,GGG 
That is a good find The Manipulated Mang - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomasexual View Post
Yes and no.

Yes about people rationalising, yes about being almost impossible to change their minds.

No about them having to reach a threshhold of insanity.

Almost every asshole doubles down on their stupid beliefs. It has almost nothing to do with whether their beliefs are extreme or not, and has everything to do with their emotional attachment to that belief.

A quick test is this. If you would feel awkward telling people, or admitting to yourself, that you had been wrong about something, then you are fucked.

The thing is that when people have extremist beliefs, harmful beliefs, then doubling down on them is more a of a problem.

Here is an article I read yesterday describing some current research into the doubling down phenomenon.

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
A real woman is being banned for having too high testosterone, but a man pretending to be a woman is allowed?

Who are making these rules? How is that these people claim to have IQ but can't tell the simple difference between a man and a woman?
megas30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 08:50 AM #26
Successful As HELL !

Quoted: 2957 Post(s)
Curtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis Harper has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 123,334.15
Let me start you off, cuz. - Bobby Deez There ya go lad - lparm Cheers to black unicorns!!! - Outworn 

Shame a female trying to be a man won't have the same success in mens sports.
Curtis Harper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:47 AM #27
Not wearing Nikes

Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
PACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond reputePACnPBFsuck has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 112,082.70
Total Points: 120,057.71
stream - BostonGuy TO THE U!!! - the mesiah Cheers bro! - dan_cov for good luck - jazluvr Happy Holidays PACnPBFsuck - !! AI-Holmes!! 
have a safe one bro! :beerchug: - jose830 No Message - dan_cov Congrats Buddy - EvilGenius thanks for the quick payment - -jose- thanks for quick payment - -jose- 
:beerchug: - -jose- about trillions - sugarsmosley thanks for the quick payment - -jose- Avoid the Krypto - BERNIE'S CORNER thanks for the quick payment - -jose- 
"My milk of magnesia" :lol1: :lol1: I owe you green - -jose- thanks for fast payoff. good fight!! - Psylence83 dead'n da pain - BERNIE'S CORNER :beerchug: - -jose- Leave Chocolatito Alone! - 1hourRun 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - PACnPBFsuck AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - VERMIN Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

Went from 200th place to 1st by throwing a wig on, why beat men, when we can just beat up women, I guess some guys just got it figured out.
PACnPBFsuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:52 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 16924 Post(s)
aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
Bank: 1,289.64
Total Points: 146,578.66
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by //// View Post
Right, it's tied to existential identity. Most people aren't living their dream life and have their fair share of regrets, but as a coping mechanism we cherish the wisdom we've gained along the way.

To give them an identity (perceived wisdom at odds with the generally ignorant masses) then rip it away is like pulling teeth.

This is a healthy psychological mechanism in a primitive world where people are actually gaining wisdom from hands-on experience and wired to cherish it, but it's very unhealthy in a world where most people become vested in journalism.

It also ties heavily into Nassim Taleb's theory of "skin in the game". If most of these people actually had a stake in this (ie were directly involved in women's athletics) then the situation would be much different because they would be pressured towards a logical solution in order to achieve their shared goal (preserving women's athletics).

But when 99% of the people opining are random online citizens with no stake whatsoever, it's just a matter of which "journalist" got to them first and bestowed their identity with new wisdom.

In regards to insanity; of course it isn't a prerequisite to being in denial about a debunked belief.

In this specific context, though...? Insanity is medically defined by an impaired ability to distinguish between fantasy and measurable reality.

Legal accommodation for "transgenders" is a justifiably two-sided issue, but the extreme wing who believe gender has no physical/biological significance in things like athletic competition are dipping well into the realm of insanity...

imho.....

the weirdo's..... ooops, I mean..... the people in question, should be honest with everyone including themselves

there are two genders, not three.....

if you want to ponce around in a dress..... then do so

also..... do anything else you want, that is fine.....

..... but do so proudly, with NO excuses, and NO bullshlt

trying to justify your decision by jumping on the new-age..... "wow, guess that..... we just discovered a new gender" bollocks..... is doing yourself a disservice

saying..... I want to be free, to live my life..... and yet then having to invent a new life in order to do so..... seems like a silly excuse, and a disservice to the rest of us..... there are only two genders, so they would clearly be living a lie

you can call him whatever you like..... but the guy who set that record, was a man

if you want to eat that hedgehog, then eat it..... but don't run around telling the rest of us that it was steak
aboutfkntime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 04:53 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these partsaboutfkntime is infamous around these parts
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRod View Post

exactly !!

when in doubt..... what would Clint Eastwood do ?
Old 06-02-2019, 04:55 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by megas30 View Post
A real woman is being banned for having too high testosterone, but a man pretending to be a woman is allowed?

Who are making these rules? How is that these people claim to have IQ but can't tell the simple difference between a man and a woman?

yea wut ??

Share This With Friends

Tags
biological, dominates, female, identifies, male, ncaa, track, women's

User Tag List