No announcement yet.

Critique my 1st match. (Blue)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuakawBanchamek View Post

Try to prevent yourself from being too wild, I know its your first match but sometimes you are wide open for a counter
    A good point. It is possible to be authoritative and even finalizing while still being in control with your form. That all comes with practice. And years of it.

When I counseled him to capitalize on his landed right hands I meant in a controlled way. However to get your shots in sometimes you have to take shots back. It goes both ways but a competent defense in the midst of an overpowering offense can go a long way.

To the guy suggestng high guard all the time, I can respect that you had 86 fights. But my style is simply not reliant on the high guard especially with amateur fighting having those sight impeding helmets.

I like to be able to see the possibilities. And capitalize with great authority

I probably use the high guard more if I was fighting pro... but I'm a martial art mut turned boxer. I know how to generate power from the hips. I need to keep things at once fluid and immaculate

Comment

Quick headgear question, you guys are still wearing them in the states? I thought the AIBA had called for the removal of headgear from all male competitors?

Comment

This was in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
          Quick headgear question, you guys are still wearing them in the states? I thought the AIBA had called for the removal of headgear from all male competitors?
          They wore them here in the states for the golden gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Skorch View Post
            This was in Germany.
            I enjoyed your fight and performance Skorch.

how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              I enjoyed your fight and performance Skorch.

how old are you?
              Thanks. And 20.

Comment

It's hard to be critical for a first match in which you dominated your opponent. You will need to work on your head movement, slipping punches and not moving straight backwards. These are things which will need improvement as you progress into tournaments and meet better opposition. You relied a lot on overpowering your opponent and it worked here, but don't rely on that all the time.

Don't listen to all the muppets on here who'll just suggest you go watch all of the top current pro boxers. It's worth your while familiarising yourself with Cuban amateur styles as they've been successful for a long time. Mario Kindelán was in your weight class and a two-time Olympic gold medallist. He shows all of those things you should look at, good head movement, circling out, slips punches really well.

Comment

Well said Sholar!
                  The push his point further - the pro's such as floyd and andre ward etc use advanced techniques which require exceptional distance perception etc. This comes after years of practise. For now keep learning the amateur way, you have to crawl before you can walk.

Comment

Working...
                  X