Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baltimore Ravens pleads for fans to come back after noticeable no-shows at home games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
    You should let your son play soccer. It's gonna soon be the sport that pays more here in the US.
    Until the one time a kid goalie takes a full velocity kick shot straight to the head that puts them in a coma where they're diagnosed with the same CTE.

At the end of the day, every sport has that risk except badminton. Even golf - hell, you can die if you get hit with a golf ball off full swing.

The problem isn't the risk, the problem is awareness and an acceptance of the risk. Fighters are told clearly about, and sign numerous forms about, the inherent dangers. They don't do that in hardly any other sport. That's the real issue.

As far as people boycotting I think that's more about the overly sensitive, overly regulated climate. People want to see the guys play, not the officials.

That's one reason I actually did like watching XFL, as a guy who can't stand NFL. It was about the players and the game, not the officials and the rules.

Comment

People don't tune in to football to hear what the players think. Point blank. They're already being compensated well for what we want to see. I don't give a **** what any of the players think outside of football. Throw in the kneeling, disrespect for the flag, and the media constantly politicizing everything in the game now, the NFL lost their base. Fcuk em. They did it to themselves and are now groveling because they're losing money. Should've thought about that before consigning all the political bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Until the one time a kid goalie takes a full velocity kick shot straight to the head that puts them in a coma where they're diagnosed with the same CTE.

At the end of the day, every sport has that risk except badminton. Even golf - hell, you can die if you get hit with a golf ball off full swing.

The problem isn't the risk, the problem is awareness and an acceptance of the risk. Fighters are told clearly about, and sign numerous forms about, the inherent dangers. They don't do that in hardly any other sport. That's the real issue.

As far as people boycotting I think that's more about the overly sensitive, overly regulated climate. People want to see the guys play, not the officials.

That's one reason I actually did like watching XFL, as a guy who can't stand NFL. It was about the players and the game, not the officials and the rules.
        Why u got me on ignore u punk bish?

Comment

Haha! **** them!

Kneeling for the anthem is deeply offensive, and I hope the NFL continues in a downward spiral until they take action to protect my feelings.
          Last edited by Sidney Powell; 12-22-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            Yep. And it's only gonna get worse because this generation grew up playing kickball.. .i mean soccer.
            With all due respect, the game which you denigrate uses a ‘foot’ to kick a ‘ball’. It’s the most popular sport in the entire world, so afford it some respect and call it ‘football’, eh?

I enjoy* watching the American version of rugby for fat sissies as much as the next man, but in that sport you use your ‘hand’ to move an ‘egg’ so please refer to it as ‘Handegg’ in the future. Cheers.

*Well, as much as anyone can enjoy following the Lions.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
              People don't tune in to football to hear what the players think. Point blank. They're already being compensated well for what we want to see. I don't give a **** what any of the players think outside of football. Throw in the kneeling, disrespect for the flag, and the media constantly politicizing everything in the game now, the NFL lost their base. Fcuk em. They did it to themselves and are now groveling because they're losing money. Should've thought about that before consigning all the political bull****.
              Bruva, you really native? If so, why are you so mad? The Pilgrims raped your women and stoled your land, yet you're mad 'cause the bruvas are "disrespecting" the flag? COME ON, SON!!!!!!!

Comment

I love it!

The boycott movement is working!

Keep kneeling! WAR KAP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Sure it can happen in golf, soccer, tennis etc, but the odds of it happening are not the same as in football.
                  If memory serves me right the last study done they found CTE in 99% of diseased former football players.

Those are insane numbers, no where near what the numbers would be for golf, or soccer.

And let's not even mention boxing which is not a major sport anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    Sure it can happen in golf, soccer, tennis etc, but the odds of it happening are not the same as in football.
                    If memory serves me right the last study done they found CTE in 99% of diseased former football players.

Those are insane numbers, no where near what the numbers would be for golf, or soccer.

And let's not even mention boxing which is not a major sport anymore.
                    Okay, but the odds don't matter in the discussion though. You're certainly not getting CTE over flag football - which is perfectly acceptable in schools at kid age. But soccer has just as much chance to get to that point as football - being that it's futbol and all.

My point: let the kid do what they want to do as long as they and their parents understand and accept the risks.

Comment

I started watching the NFL in 2012, and I picked the Ravens as my favourite team. Many people told me to go with the Patriots but I went with the Ravens because of Ray Lewis and their badass defence. They won the Superbowl that year. Since then they've declined very steadily. Past two seasons I haven't watched a game and don't really pay attention to the NFL anymore. The whole Kaepernick thing is a joke. Comparing that moron to Muhammad Ali, puhlease.

Comment

Working...
                      X