Collapse
No announcement yet.

Despite this being a very close fight one thing is clear Golovkin was overatted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I this fight has proven anything, is that gg has been fighting bum after bum, tomato can after tomato can, his whole career. He's overrated as F. Canelo is not even a natural middleweight, ffs.

And 100% sure canelo would have destroyed every single oponent gg has faced in his whole life. Probably cotto too.

Comment

You have to remember he is 35 years old. Once you hit 30 your body slowsly starts to decline. But even that, GGG won the fight.

I'm pretty sure Canelo has a good chance to win the next time because GGG will be even older and Canelo will try to drag the time as much as he can before the rematch.

Comment

old man, slow as molasses triple g schooled canelo. The fight was close (but clear) for golovkin, but he absolutely outsmarted and schooled canelo in there despite canelo's youth and big speed advantage, he couldnt land much of anything till golovkin sat infront of him from the 10th on.

Comment

Originally posted by Helm View Post
          You have to remember he is 35 years old.

I'm pretty sure Canelo has a good chance to win the next time because GGG will be even older and Canelo will try to drag the time as much as he can before the rematch.
          All true. Perfect scenerio for golovkin is to do exactly what he did tonight, fighting off the jab, but continue the work all the way through instead of turning into a heavybag like he did in the final 3 of this fight.

Comment

Golovkin has the acumen and the IQ of an ATG but he does not have the tangibles to be in the conversation. He's strong as **** but he's marginally athletic, clunky and oafish. Powerful but grossly limited.

Still, look what he did to a truly athletic guy (in some major departments) like Canelo. That Golovkin can do what he does to people like that is what makes this thread disrespectful. For one he doesn't have a resume and nobody was calling him an ATG yesterday. This is a non subject.

Comment

Being "overrated" is a true compliment. Usually it means you've captured the fans imagination and have an approving style. Tyson is overrated skill wise, yet not as an attraction. After Tyson destroyed Spinks, I asked my Daf if anyone could beat Mike Tyson. He replied "Well son there is this guy named Evander Holyfield...." He took even odds when they fought, and as u know won. It's still prize fighting, how much are u worth?

Comment

lil g's defense looked like crap, zero head movement and kept getting tagged by flush counterpunches.

He looked like a slow plodder who couldn't stop or really even hurt a blown up jr. middleweight who had 1 prior fight above 155 lbs and that was against the corpse of Chavez Jr.

His conditioning was bad too, started sucking wind in the early rounds.
                Last edited by Feint First; 09-17-2017, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                  Canelo moved up from welter and on my card won a close decision in a fight that could have went either way Glolovkin is overrated calling him P4P 1 or an ATG is a joke.
                  Golovkin's standing in history and in the eyes of many isn't affected by your single minority opinion

Comment

I thought he was good last night. He's 35 and was facing a much younger fighter, who also happens to be excellent himself. Reading up on the fight it looks like most media had him the victor.
                    I don't think last night's fight harms his reputation.

GGG started a little slow, but then he started to dictate the tempo and rack up rounds until Canelo came on strong down the stretch.

It was a great fight that lived up to the hype, i think it boosts both guys reputation.
                    GGG isn't the best MW ever, but he's an excellent MW. If he's overated as a fighter, then so are most of the guys around today also.

People on here were certain he was going to get knocked out, exposed, stopped via the body..but he showed why he's so difficult to beat, against a top level guy last night. And why it will take a top tier fighter to beat him if he does ever lose.

Comment

Originally posted by nubianpiye View Post
                      All of the talk of Golovkin being an ATG (he might be) and one of the best ever middles (He definitely isn't) has to go out of the window to me he arguably lost his lat two fights. As soon as he's stepped his comp up he's not looked like this unstoppable crusher.

He's still very good a talented fighter but one of the best ever at middle? No.
                      No ****, it's EXACTLY what I've been saying forever on here, gets in with an upper level jmw moving up and not only did he not do enough to win, he didn't ever hurt Canelo, and have golovkin scared to throw....bet golovkins old ass body is sore today.

Comment

Working...
                      X