Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which countries have never produced a world champion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Dominican Republic hasn't produced champs but their amateur boxing is better than Puerto Rico's. Felix Diaz won a gold medal for Dominican Rep. PR has never won a gold in the Olympics. For all of their success in the pros, PR gets beat year after year in the amateurs.

Frankly, if Cuba didn't have an embargo with the States, it would've been a complete takeover of the pro game. Andy Cruz right now can beat Loma or Crawford at whatever damn weight they want to fight at. People think Rigo is crazy. Andy Cruz just jumped from 123 to 143 and obliterated the division for his first World Championship. He is still young and doesn't have the extensive CV yet but he's the best fighter in the world right now and it's not even close.

Just like the last Worlds in the AMS, Cuba won 5 golds and 2 silvers out of 10 possible medals. It should've been 6 golds too but they gotta rob them here and there cause it's not supposed to be the Cuban Championships, but the World Championships.
    Loma would also beat Cruz bro. I like Cruz but he slaps a lot and misses a lot.
    I wouldn't be worried if Cruz turned pro tomorrow, honestly.

Comment

CubanGuyNY Did you not even read my posts properly , I completely put you straight on the matter with the truth and facts. and you still continue to have extremely low standards!!!!!

(It's very rare when discussing boxing to mention womens boxing, just like you wouldn't if you were talking about Football. It's irrelevent, Ive never watched womens boxing and know nothing about it.)

Amir Khan won Olympic Silver, and inspired many pakistanis to take up boxing in 2004, Yet 14 YEARS later not a single other Pakistani boxer has done anything notable at all, Theres loads of them too, yet they don't even get to domestic level, they fight in small hall leisure centre on non televised cards and they all have feather fists, and glass jaws, they are the worst boxers Ive ever seen in my life. there has never even been a pakistani boxer from the UK even win a 'British title' even once lol. Some races/nations just cannot fight it's as simple as that,

Theres plenty of yemeni boxers in Sheffield and other cities, nowhere near as many as the pakistanis but still a decent amount, they all are completely utterly useless apart from one.
      Sadam Ali is pretty crap and it's highly likely he loses his title in his first defence.
      Naseem Hamed retired in 2001 was it, it's been ABOUT 15 YEARS for another yemeni boxer to get to any decent level lol! It'll be another 15 years for another one after the bum Sadam Ali gets beat in his first defence. People with low standards celebrate mediocrity,

I'll be willing to bet anything it'll be at least 10-15 years before there's another yemeni after Ali loses his next fight because Arabs from every arab nation cannot fight at all I've seen it time and time again, You might get the odd one exception but they are extremely rare. You obviously judge a race/nation as a whole.

Comment

Working...
      X