X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    Statuesque.

Nobody wanted to play for Mourinho either. That's why he's up here building Chelsea Mark II.

Losing your identify tbh

The days of SAF are long long gone. United will never be the same and we all know the state that Jose leaves clubs in after 3 years.

Alonso on the free kick. A left footed beckham he is.

Luiz in midfield too was an interesting change by Conte. I like it.

Comment

• Luiz was superb there.

Will get sent off in about 2 minutes of half time.

Standard.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        The days of SAF are long long gone. United will never be the same and we all know the state that Jose leaves clubs in after 3 years.

Alonso on the free kick. A left footed beckham he is.

Luiz in midfield too was an interesting change by Conte. I like it.
        Luiz has always looked more convincing in the DM role just in front of the CBs than he ever has, as a CB. He is too reckless and not a natural CB in terms of the way he plays, so at least if something goes wrong at DM he has a line of defenders to clean it up.

Comment

• Luiz was superb in that game especially in the 2nd half when Spurs basically just pulled out of every tackle in the hope he followed through.

Great win for Chelsea. Didn't expect it.

If Chelsea are disciplined you still have to be very good to beat them but will always miss the dynamism of Hazard.

Glad Batshoes doesn't have to dwell on the og too. Nothing he could have done with that and he seems like a sensitive soul.

Comment

• Very pleased with the result.

I thought we would get bullied around like usual against Spurs but Chelsea finally look like a squad of athletic, full grown men again.

Rudiger, Bakayoko, Luiz (in mid), Christensen, Alonso, Moses and even Azpi. These are big lads.

Kante, is the only smaller guy but his spirit makes up for it.

Conte may be on to something with this 352. I mean, it'll be hard to keep out Hazard and the shifty attackers but if you could imagine Morata-Batshuayi at the top with the same line up behind. Chelsea is a very very physically strong side at that point.

Comment

• Chelsea fans are fickle bunch I will say

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                Chelsea fans are fickle bunch I will say
                I did think we'd get smashed today but only because they are basically not ready for the season and I didn't think we'd have a midfield.

But I didn't believe for one second that Chelsea were in 'crisis'.

Media have been very disrespectful to Chelsea and specifically Conte. They deserve us winning the league again, tbh.

I do like the idea of Hazard as a striker and then swapping out Luiz in midfield with Willian/Cesc depending on who we are playing. Just gives Chelsea a stronger bench as well with more game changers to come on.

Obviously on another day Spurs could have won that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I did think we'd get smashed today but only because they are basically not ready for the season and I didn't think we'd have a midfield.

But I didn't believe for one second that Chelsea were in 'crisis'.

Media have been very disrespectful to Chelsea and specifically Conte. They deserve us winning the league again, tbh.

I do like the idea of Hazard as a striker and then swapping out Luiz in midfield with Willian/Cesc depending on who we are playing. Just gives Chelsea a stronger bench as well with more game changers to come on.

Obviously on another day Spurs could have won that game.
                  I think Hazard as a striker is a complete waste of what he brings to Chelsea. He is dangerous on the left, when he runs at players, dribbles and cuts in to shoot or setup a one two. Watch him play last season, man was crazy in that position. I wouldn't have Cesc on as a starter ever. He is WAY too slow, he can come on as a sub where the opposition have slowed down and he adds something different in terms of setting up goals through assists when the game is more open.

I think the media have basically made Chelsea seem far worse than they are because typically teams don't defend their title, Matic is doing well at Utd so brings more drama and Costa's issues off the pitch with Conte. I don't think Chelsea will defend their title, I think Man City are the best side in the premier league although I think Man Utd would do better in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                    I think Hazard as a striker is a complete waste of what he brings to Chelsea. He is dangerous on the left, when he runs at players, dribbles and cuts in to shoot or setup a one two. Watch him play last season, man was crazy in that position. I wouldn't have Cesc on as a starter ever. He is WAY too slow, he can come on as a sub where the opposition have slowed down and he adds something different in terms of setting up goals through assists when the game is more open.

I think the media have basically made Chelsea seem far worse than they are because typically teams don't defend their title, Matic is doing well at Utd so brings more drama and Costa's issues off the pitch with Conte. I don't think Chelsea will defend their title, I think Man City are the best side in the premier league although I think Man Utd would do better in Europe.
                    Yeah I've said the same about teams not defending their title.

Hazard is dangerous in that left position but I like the idea of him having a go at Willian's role today because you can get to tight to Hazard really.

We'll have to see with Hazard though when he wasn't quite right in 15/16 he had a really bad season. I was coating him every week, lol. I can still see him limping of Leicester that time and it still annoys me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Chelsea @ 6/4 Draw No Bet

Looks like a decent bet to me.

I like "draw no bets" the team you pick actually has to lose for you to lose money.
                      Wish i but some money on now, but some Chelsea fans put me off.

Comment

Working...
                      X