This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
    ^ rose has been total garbage since hes come back from injury/trying to force a transfer, hes not even our first choice LB anymore...can't dislodge Davies now..

stones?
    Alonso is good put dead slow. I just can't think of any decent left backs other than Rose, Davies like you said, and Robertson.

Stones? This it though? Who is better? At least he's on form

I think Christiansen is probably better than Stones (don't want to jinx him) but he's only played 20 senior games for Chelsea. Harry Maguire might be better than Stones? Otamendi? Sanchez? Azpilicueta? Vertoghan? Bailly? Phil Jones?

Arsenal and Liverpool's defender are ordinary. Other than Virgil. I'm not putting him in there just because they paid £75 million for him.

Gutted for Bristol City there.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-09-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• Next couple of Windows are going to be strange for me.

I'm more excited about shifting deadwood than any potential signings we'll make.

Walcott and Coq look like they'll be off this window. That'll at least give our youngsters a deserved chance.

Comment

• What about Christian Eriksen for 10s?

I think he is as close as you can get to Silva for top playmaker. I won't say Spurs is garbage but if Eriksen was making plays for one of Chelsea, United, or City. Would his numbers improve?

Comment

• Eriksen has improved every season and is still getting better, i think hes on par with silva tbh, he seems to be sorting out his consistency too. Everyone is busy sucking off Kane, but Hes one of the main reasons for our progression as a club in the past few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            That's true.

Gets me thinking who would be in a prem all star XI?

I've got

---------------------De Gea--------------------------

Valencia------Stones-----Aberweireld----------Rose

---------Kante-----------Silva-----------DBruyne

-----------------Hazard----------Alexis--------------------

--------------------------Kane---------------------------

It's actually quite difficult to do.

Left backs are shocking. I can't remember if that Mendy is a left or a right back but either way I have not seen him enough.

But for all the money spent. That team isn't exactly over worldly. I don't even rate Stones that highly and still picked him and Rose
            Other than Aberweireld that back 4 is utter garbage I would probably take 10 CB before Stones in the league my XI I'd go with

De Gea
            Azpilicueta - Koscielny - Aberweireld - Bertrand
            Kante --- Pogba
            Sanchez---- De Bruyne---- Hazard
            Aguero

Comment

• Originally posted by *OG Wenger* View Post
              Next couple of Windows are going to be strange for me.

I'm more excited about shifting deadwood than any potential signings we'll make.

Walcott and Coq look like they'll be off this window. That'll at least give our youngsters a deserved chance.
              What are the rumors on how much City is offered for Sanchez? Here in the states ESPN soccer said it's pretty much a done deal, but didn't give specifics.

Comment

• Oh look a team that doesn't roll out the white flag for City and makes them look ordinary

Would be nice if the rest of the Prem took note.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                  Oh look a team that doesn't roll out the white flag for City and makes them look ordinary

Would be nice if the rest of the Prem took note.
                  They pressed the ball properly.

Also it can't be overestimated how poor Claudio Bravo has been. Panic ensues when that lad is in goal.

Also that Mangala is the new Titus Bramble.

Chelsea and United were utterly embarrassing against Citeh to be honest. Chelsea did nothing after 15 minutes and United were on the back foot for pretty much the whole thing. Both wasted an opportunity to try and beat them. They should have treated it as a free hit and went for it and pressed high - especially United considering they were already so far behind at that stage.

In reality Liverpool came closer to beating City at the Etihad than either Chelsea or United even though they got absolutely smashed 5-0. They were on top for about half an hour.

The soak up and hit them on the break doesn't work as well now they have quick fullbacks and a competent goalie who actually makes saves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Other than Aberweireld that back 4 is utter garbage I would probably take 10 CB before Stones in the league my XI I'd go with

De Gea
                    Azpilicueta - Koscielny - Aberweireld - Bertrand
                    Kante --- Pogba
                    Sanchez---- De Bruyne---- Hazard
                    Aguero
                    Always felt Bertie was a bit one-paced. I love Azpi but I don't like him as a right back anymore because he gets too close to his centre backs now out of instinct. Valencia is good imo. Gets up and down and very strong in one-on-ones.

Kocielny can have some shocking games. Looking through the league centre half is the weakest position overall and left back. A fit Kompany is obviously still the best centre back in the league but it is looking like that man's career is basically over.

Either way an all-star prem XI probably isn't as good as at any point over the last 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      What about Christian Eriksen for 10s?

I think he is as close as you can get to Silva for top playmaker. I won't say Spurs is garbage but if Eriksen was making plays for one of Chelsea, United, or City. Would his numbers improve?
                      Eriksen is class, been quietly one of the best creative players in the league for a while now. Excellent at set pieces too which is a bonus.

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      Eriksen has improved every season and is still getting better, i think hes on par with silva tbh, he seems to be sorting out his consistency too. Everyone is busy sucking off Kane, but Hes one of the main reasons for our progression as a club in the past few years.
                      But as I've said Silva is still massively underrated. He's on a different level to anyone else in that role.

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                      What are the rumors on how much City is offered for Sanchez? Here in the states ESPN soccer said it's pretty much a done deal, but didn't give specifics.
                      £20-25m is what I've seen quoted mostly (on social media admittedly).

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Always felt Bertie was a bit one-paced. I love Azpi but I don't like him as a right back anymore because he gets too close to his centre backs now out of instinct. Valencia is good imo. Gets up and down and very strong in one-on-ones.

Kocielny can have some shocking games. Looking through the league centre half is the weakest position overall and left back. A fit Kompany is obviously still the best centre back in the league but it is looking like that man's career is basically over.

Either way an all-star prem XI probably isn't as good as at any point over the last 10 years.
                      Kompany is done. Otamendi and Stones both ahead of him now, though Stones hasn't had a great start since coming back from injury.

On a side note I wouldn't swap Otamendi for any CB in Europe at the moment. Incredibly consistent passer of the ball to break the lines. Kompany doesn't have that in him.

Comment

Working...
                      X