Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's going to win Fighter of the Decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CinderelliMan View Post
    If Loma picks up another title or 2 before 2020 while fighting Mikey I believe he should be a contender.
    Crawford and Loma are the frontrunners no doubt...if either has a serious win in the next 12 months they'll take it.

TC hasn't lost or looked remotely competitive with any opponent. Expect him to wit FOTD if he beats 2 of Thurman, Porter, Danny, and/or Errol without losing.

Loma has lost but continues to look phenomenal. His resume is also among the strongest in boxing today. If he can get 2-3 more wins over quality guys - without losing - expect him to win FOTD

Canelo was the lineal JMW champion and after beating Gennady over 24 competitive rounds he will have the chance to unify at 160 after (likely) claiming a belt at 168. Being "the guy" in 2 divisions is very hard to do especially with Canelos difficulty of opposition.

Any of these three can win...TC or Canelo the small favorites, but all 3 of these guys are about 20%...everyone else is under 10%. AJ only other guy that is relevant over the decade in my mind

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
      Ive said it before they should just scrap it this decade cause noone deserves it. If i had to pick one id say mayweather and he only fought for half of it and wasnt even in his peak years
      This cuck still mad about:

Comment

Mayweather or Canelo

They have the best resumes of the decade so far

Comment

Choices are poor. I lean towards Floyd. Canelo has a loss and two (or three) very questionable decisions. There's no way Canelo deserves fighter of the decade unless you're a boxrec warrior.

Lomachenko or Crawford have the best shots at it if they get meaningful fights.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            Choices are poor. I lean towards Floyd. Canelo has a loss and two (or three) very questionable decisions. There's no way Canelo deserves fighter of the decade unless you're a boxrec warrior.

Lomachenko or Crawford have the best shots at it if they get meaningful fights.
            Or if you are a betting man and are going for who will most likely win the award based on actual resumes and accomplishments.

Canelo has been carrying boxing, fighting the tough fights, win, lose, or controversial he fights the guys YOU want to see him fight. He brings fame to boxing, he makes his promoter make tough fights based on fan feedback. He’s in close, dramatic fights. He has fans, he has critics. Boxers and trainers respect him. Hell, his biggest critic, Abel Sanchez, swallowed his pride and gave nothing but respect to him after the rematch.

Time for fans to do the same and quit the whole “i know more than you, you’re just a boxrec boxing fan....lalalala i cant hear you”.

Canelo is one of a long list of fighters who gets criticized while he actually fought EVERYONE and had competitive fights with those guys. In this new era where boxers with thin resumes, but great performances against those overmatched opponents, get praised to death by these weird as hell, edgy, cool hipster fans that want to go against the grain so badly that they just look like try-hards and can’t even see it.

Can I be wrong? I do imagine it, but I won’t sit here and act like i’m some elite boxing fan if I end up being right.

Comment

So far Floyd, if Loma keeps winning in the next two years it'll be him easily.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Or if you are a betting man and are going for who will most likely win the award based on actual resumes and accomplishments.

Canelo has been carrying boxing, fighting the tough fights, win, lose, or controversial he fights the guys YOU want to see him fight. He brings fame to boxing, he makes his promoter make tough fights based on fan feedback. He’s in close, dramatic fights. He has fans, he has critics. Boxers and trainers respect him. Hell, his biggest critic, Abel Sanchez, swallowed his pride and gave nothing but respect to him after the rematch.

Time for fans to do the same and quit the whole “i know more than you, you’re just a boxrec boxing fan....lalalala i cant hear you”.

Canelo is one of a long list of fighters who gets criticized while he actually fought EVERYONE and had competitive fights with those guys. In this new era where boxers with thin resumes, but great performances against those overmatched opponents, get praised to death by these weird as hell, edgy, cool hipster fans that want to go against the grain so badly that they just look like try-hards and can’t even see it.

Can I be wrong? I do imagine it, but I won’t sit here and act like i’m some elite boxing fan if I end up being right.
                You're greatly romanticizing Canelo and what he has done. He sure as hell hasn't carried anything. His own PPVs without a good B side didn't sell well (Smith, Khan). HBO shut down you can say on his watch. He lost a ton of respect due to PEDs. He sure as hell didn't fight who the fans wanted him to fight, as he wasted almost 2 years of his own and Golovkin's career.

I definitely don't think I know more than you, as you've been a boxing fan longer, but putting Canelo as frontrunner for boxer of the decade is coming from fandom, not reality. The very vast majority of posters on this board, in this thread, disagree with you.

Canelo is an awesome fighter. But he has a loss against Floyd, he has a razor close decision against Lara, he has 2 what most fans see as robberies against Golovkin, someone who's a decade older than him, he has a PED bust against him, and several very, very questionable opponent choices (Chavez, Smith, Khan) where Canelo wasted time.

Comment

2019 will be the deciding factor.

Canelo is the front-runner IMO. Especially if he takes on two top tier opponents in 2019.

Loma is in the conversation, especially if he can get a win over Mikey next year.

If Pac beats down Broner and wins a Floyd rematch in 2019 he has a shot as well, as does Floyd if he wins a rematch.

If Crawford can get and win a fight with Spence he is in the conversation too.

Comment

Canelo, Crawford or Lomachenko!

I lean Canelo going by the FULL DECADE, only lost to Mayweather in that Decade
                    Last edited by sicko; 10-17-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X