Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo vs GGG Punch Stats (MORE ACCURATE THAN COMPUBOX)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo vs GGG Punch Stats (MORE ACCURATE THAN COMPUBOX)

I actually took time to to watch the full fight in slow motion and recorded the punch stats because we all know compubox isn't completely accurate. I'm not perfect either but these stats are undoubtedly more accurate than compubox because i had the opportunity to re watch exchanges in slow motion to really gauge what actually landed or not. The only thing i didnt record was the amount of punches thrown, only landed punches.

Merry Christmas

Total Punches: GGG-182 Canelo-161
    Power Punches: GGG-66 Canelo-102
    Jabs: GGG -116 Canelo-59

Round 1

GGG: 10 Jabs + 0 Power = 10 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 3 Power = 9 punches

Round 2
    GGG: 9 Jabs + 2 Power= 11 punches
    Canelo: 7 Jabs + 7 Power= 14 punches

Round 3
    GGG: 7 Jabs+ 4 Power = 11 punches
    Canelo: 4 Jabs + 8 Power= 12 punches

Round 4
    GGG: 8 Jabs + 6 Power= 14 punches
    Canelo: 6 jabs + 4 Power= 10 Punches

Round 5
    GGG: 6 Jabs+ 7 Power = 13 punches
    Canelo: 5 Jabs + 7 Power= 12 punches

Round 6
    GGG: 5 Jabs+ 7 Power = 12 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 8 Power= 14 punches

Round 7
    GGG: 10 Jabs+ 4 Power = 14 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 5 Power= 11 punches

Round 8
    GGG: 13 Jabs+ 6 Power = 19 punches
    Canelo: 3 Jabs + 7 Power= 10 punches

Round 9
    GGG: 12 Jabs+ 10 Power = 22 punches
    Canelo: 2 Jabs + 9 Power= 11 punches

Round 10
    GGG: 15 Jabs+ 6 Power = 21 punches
    Canelo: 4 Jabs + 15 Power= 19 punches

Round 11
    GGG: 8 Jabs+ 5 Power = 13 punches
    Canelo: 3 Jabs + 10 Power= 13 punches

Round 12
    GGG: 13 Jabs+ 9 Power = 22 punches
    Canelo: 7 Jabs + 19 Power= 26 punches

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
    I actually took time to to watch the full fight in slow motion and recorded the punch stats because we all know compubox isn't completely accurate. I'm not perfect either but these stats are undoubtedly more accurate than compubox because i had the opportunity to re watch exchanges in slow motion to really gauge what actually landed or not. The only thing i didnt record was the amount of punches thrown, only landed punches.

Merry Christmas

Total Punches: GGG-182 Canelo-161
    Power Punches: GGG-66 Canelo-102
    Jabs: GGG -116 Canelo-59

Round 1

GGG: 10 Jabs + 0 Power = 10 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 3 Power = 9 punches

Round 2
    GGG: 9 Jabs + 2 Power= 11 punches
    Canelo: 7 Jabs + 7 Power= 14 punches

Round 3
    GGG: 7 Jabs+ 4 Power = 11 punches
    Canelo: 4 Jabs + 8 Power= 12 punches

Round 4
    GGG: 8 Jabs + 6 Power= 14 punches
    Canelo: 6 jabs + 4 Power= 10 Punches

Round 5
    GGG: 6 Jabs+ 7 Power = 13 punches
    Canelo: 5 Jabs + 7 Power= 12 punches

Round 6
    GGG: 5 Jabs+ 7 Power = 12 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 8 Power= 14 punches

Round 7
    GGG: 10 Jabs+ 4 Power = 14 punches
    Canelo: 6 Jabs + 5 Power= 11 punches

Round 8
    GGG: 13 Jabs+ 6 Power = 19 punches
    Canelo: 3 Jabs + 7 Power= 10 punches

Round 9
    GGG: 12 Jabs+ 10 Power = 22 punches
    Canelo: 2 Jabs + 9 Power= 11 punches

Round 10
    GGG: 15 Jabs+ 6 Power = 21 punches
    Canelo: 4 Jabs + 15 Power= 19 punches

Round 11
    GGG: 8 Jabs+ 5 Power = 13 punches
    Canelo: 3 Jabs + 10 Power= 13 punches

Round 12
    GGG: 13 Jabs+ 9 Power = 22 punches
    Canelo: 7 Jabs + 19 Power= 26 punches
    Thanks for taking the time to do this. Maybe it's my personal confirmation bias but I felt Canelo did much better than most believed. It was a super close fight and one I had Canelo just edging but that 118-110 scorecard is still laughable. I wrote an article on it too https://imgur.com/gallery/lKcAK

Comment

Jabs win championships

Comment

Originally posted by escudo View Post
        Thanks for taking the time to do this. Maybe it's my personal confirmation bias but I felt Canelo did much better than most believed. It was a super close fight and one I had Canelo just edging but that 118-110 scorecard is still laughable. I wrote an article on it too https://imgur.com/gallery/lKcAK
        Great article and I agree with you about canelo winning 115-113. I had him winning rounds 1,2,3,6,10,11,12.

I don't necessarily disagree with the draw though and wouldn't argue if someone had it 115-113 for GGG.

Comment

That was a disappointing fight. Can't imagine watching it in show motion but props for taking the time. I had Golovkin winning because of the way the rounds played out but can understand others seeing it the other way. It was a close fight. I think Canelo threw away a LOT of opportunities because he was so impressed with himself that he neglected to listen to his corner. His trainers are the best thing he has going for him.

Comment

Great article and I agree with you about canelo winning 115-113. I had him winning rounds 1,2,3,6,10,11,12.

I don't necessarily disagree with the draw though and wouldn't argue if someone had it 115-113 for GGG.
            Bro you need to just turn off Boxingscene for a while. You sound like a complete fking moron.

Comment

I'll
              Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
              Bro you need to just turn off Boxingscene for a while. You sound like a complete fking moron.
              You don't see the punch stats?????

Why won't you go rewatch the fight and actually determine what landed or not. Instead of being overly impressed with GGG having trouble landing clean power punches on canelo. You are clearly way to biased to be objective about this.

This seems personal to you, maybe you should construct a well thought out argument instead of resulting to insults little man. You don't want to end up on santa's naughty list
              Last edited by mcdonalds; 12-25-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                That was a disappointing fight. Can't imagine watching it in show motion but props for taking the time. I had Golovkin winning because of the way the rounds played out but can understand others seeing it the other way. It was a close fight. I think Canelo threw away a LOT of opportunities because he was so impressed with himself that he neglected to listen to his corner. His trainers are the best thing he has going for him.
                I scored it for GGG as well I think Canelo just didn't fire enough ultimately but he was landing more shots that really caught my attention

I remember there was one round where he landed two head snapping shots but not much else and I gave it to GGG... forget which round. That was pretty much the story of the fight. Canelo did some things that were impressive but GGG just powered through on pure workrate and hardly ever backing off.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 12-25-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Lil G got schooled case closed

Comment

You don't see the punch stats?????

Why won't you go rewatch the fight and actually determine what landed or not. Instead of being overly impressed with GGG having trouble landing clean power punches on canelo. You are clearly way to biased to be objective about this.

This seems personal to you, maybe you should construct a well though out argument instead of resulting to insults little man. You don't want to end up on santa's naughty list
                    its always personal for these clowns...most of them live vicariously through these guys and the ability to talk "Sheit" to african american males on a boxing forum

golovkin is/was supposed to be a "killer".....hes a killer when hes fighting curtis stevens or david lemiuex or kell brook....but in this fight he was reduced to only having a jab.....and the way these guys will spin it is some winky/tito display where he dominated the fight with a jab or something....

as ive always said..idc if u think golovkin won...or u scored it for him...but some of these clowns run around here talking like golovkin clearly won...like it was no question....and thats just absurd....some of these guys cant come to grips with reality and the fact that heros are mortal.....now its on to loma and now whenever loma beats someone its the greatest thing to ever happen in the history of mankind

Comment

Working...
                    X