No announcement yet.

Canelo's next fight will be on DAZN.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I considered it a toss up between HBO & DAZN out of the gate. It is looking & sounding more like it'll be DAZN although HBO does seem to be popping up with my fights on the schedule then they've had in 3 years.

At one point I thought Jacobs vs Derevyanchenko was gonna end HBO's run. That isn't anywhere close to being true now with 3(?) cards scheduled after that one now iirc.

What'll be interesting is seeing if this is a one off or if Canelo will sign away some sexy PPV money for some sorta subscriber count deal or some sh^t like that.
    Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    That would be good stuff. Canelo vs Fielding isn't going to do massive buys so might as well put it on DAZN. It helps DAZN attract subscribers and will be a nice trial run for the two parties. Now, will Canelo stay full time on DAZN? Of course not, but for this fight it makes some sense. And it allows GBP to develop a relationship with another outlet.
    Originally posted by killakali View Post
    How pumped were you to see them showing Terence Crawford at last nights Monday Night Football game and have Joe Tessitore talk about the win over Benavidez? Did you like that cross promotion fam?
    Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
    Click baiter.
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    Beterbiev vs Smith is potentially on that date so far. I'm actually thinking Golden Boy goes to DAZN too though.
    Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
    ****ing hell i thought you were turning into that tyson fury TBE twat for a minute....
    Originally posted by sicko View Post
    I think it will be 1 more fight with HBO BUT they might do something with DAZN as well which would be great for that APP they need a move like that to get the Subscribers Up
    Originally posted by xhiddenx87 View Post
    that's a definition of a clickbait

but its ok. I agree with you.
    Originally posted by filup79 View Post
    A lot of people will miss out on watching that Canelo fight if he does go to DAZN. A lot of people flock to sports bars to watch Canelo fights. The problem is that sports bars and restaurants aren't equipped to stream fights via apps. Sports bars are used to the old model of watching sporting events via cable and satellite tv. Sports bars aren't interested in changing their format and having to upgrade to smart TVs or attach Firesticks or Rokus to every tv. Add to that the cost of a subscription and having to link all the devices to the account or accounts. Add to that that bars would need a steady internet connection to run 10+ tv's at once.
    Originally posted by rolshans View Post
    I hope so! For DAZN to be successful, they need multiple promoters. Matchroom UK and US, WBSS and occasional Golden Boy fights would be a heck of a combo.
    Ya'll can start following me on my own boxing website since I'm breaking news without sources

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Ya'll can start following me on my own boxing website since I'm breaking news without sources

I hope your site doesn't send me a customer sanctification survey afterwards!!

Comment

mods, delete this attention seeking thread / behavior.

don't act like you have information in your thread title.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          mods, delete this attention seeking thread / behavior.

don't act like you have information in your thread title.
          It was an educated guess. And he was right

Comment

so you are Keith Idec? Wow awesome. I will follow you!

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
              It was an educated guess. And he was right
              Is he serious?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                i thought woulda started threes talking about crawford making over 3.5 mil for the fight or being on MNF. I don’t even remember you making a thread about crawford being in the nba all star celebrity game.

I hope fox can do these types of cross promotion for their guys
                spence was on the cowboys sidelines last thanksgiving on CBS

Comment

Props To You!

Comment

Is that for real? Dznuts will grow if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                      Is that for real? Dznuts will grow if so.
                      No. I was joking by saying I guessed correctly before Idec did. That's not me

Comment

Working...
                      X