Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the GGG vs Canelo fights compare with Pac vs JMM I, II, III?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the GGG vs Canelo fights compare with Pac vs JMM I, II, III?

Excluding KTFO6, I think both rivalries were similar to each other where all the fights were very closely fought although the decision results are considered controversial. In fact I think both rivalries are the most salt inducing between fanbases. Some people think that GGG should have won at least one or both fights against Canelo while people think JMM should have at least gotten a win or 2 against Pac. But it all boils down to the outcry of people that scream "ROBBERY".

What I find really interesting is that the people who think Canelo deserved the victory over GGG in the rematch are the same people that cry robbery about Marquez not getting a decision win over Pac.
    What do you think?

i thought the first fight was a draw and marquez won the 2nd and 3rd fights (the 3rd was very clear in my opinion). i thought GGG won both fights. to me they were both as clear as each other (116-112), canelo gave a better account of himself in the 2nd and put it all on the line but he still didnt win 7 rounds and the stats back that up. too many people get caught up with stereotypes and who 'won the story of the fight' when it comes to scoring

Comment

The more popular guy got the benefit of the scoring in every fight in both series. Fight I the draw in Marquez-Pacquaio makes sense due to the knockdowns but the decision in II and especially III didn't. Canelo obviously didn't win six rounds in fight I on any rationale scorecard and fight II he didn't win 7 rounds.

Not Lewis-Holyfield, Chavez-Whitaker bad decisions but both were poorly scored series according to most fair judges.

Comment

Marquez clearly won fight 1. Other than Round 1 he dominated. I gave Marquez 9 rounds to 3. Second fight was Pacquiao did better but I still thought he lost 114-113. Third fight I thought Pacquiao won 7-5.
        I had the first Canelo GGG fight 6-6 and the second one 7-5 for Canelo. Only robbery was the first Pac-Marquez fight, all the other fights could have gone either way.

Comment

I've Marguez-Pac 3-1. I gave Pac fight 1. Canelo-GGG, I'm okay with the first draw, second one a close decision to Canelo.

Both Mexicans were the more skilled in these fights.

Comment

Working...
          X