Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Team Have 'No Desire' For New Meeting on Joshua Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Wilder knows 15 million is a lot. But he knows how much Josh will get in comparison. And he doesn't want Josh to get too rich off of his back.
    This is what it boils down to.
    I know its a catch 22 situation. But to beat Josh all Wilders dreams can come true. He will make all the money in the world after beating Josh.
    So don't see Josh as a retirement payday. See it as the start of things to come. The world is your oyster after beating Josh.
    maybe because he thinks he cannot beat Joshua and it could be his only chance of making huge money.

Comment

I don't think the OP actually read the article that he posted LOL
      Seriously go read it for yourself then read comments from this thread. Good for a laugh

Comment

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Team Have 'No Desire' For New Meeting on Joshua Deal

Shelly Finkel, co-manager of WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder, has no desire to meet with Matchroom Sport's Barry Hearn to discuss a new deal for an April 2019 unification with IBF, WBA, IBO and WBO heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Anthony Joshua vs. Deontay Wilder next? Don't get your hopes up
          ESPN

"I want Deontay Wilder because that is the biggest fight in world boxing," Hearn said. "It would be the biggest fight in all-time British boxing history."

But saying it and making it are entirely different. Hearn said any deal must be done before Wilder-Fury on Dec. 1, which is going to make things even more difficult given that Wilder (and Fury, also a possible foe for a huge all-British showdown) will be focused on the task at hand. There's really no need to line up an April fight in December, so it seems like an artificial deadline that will cause the fight not to happen.

But Joshua, boxing's biggest global star, can tell Hearn what he wants. There is no need for such a deadline, and everyone knows it. Still, Joshua at least said the right things...

"We've been negotiating after the [Carlos] Takam fight last year so it's been a long time negotiating," Joshua said of Wilder. "There's a lot of back and forth, but ultimately we're two fighters, two champions in the same division at the same time. So at the end of the day we have to fight each other. It would be silly of us not to. Wilder will step up, Fury will step up. So it's just a matter of time."

A matter of time indeed because it says here it won't be next. We'll be waiting once again, until at least the fight after Joshua faces somebody else -- Dillian Whyte? -- on April 13.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...-your-hopes-up
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 09-25-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

It would be fine to sign the deal now as the deal will be subject to Wilder winning which would make him lineal champ anyway.

Fury winning will be hilarious.

Comment

But let me guess, it’s still aj and hearns fault right?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                Wow, that’s what you got out of this? But then you mentionsed wilder ducked pov, fight was on, wilder was even in Russia, until a dirty drop.

If wilder ducked Whyte because he as the champion didn’t want to travel to a foreign country to fight a random contender then aj ducked wilder for not wanting to travel to a foreign country to fight a champion.

If wilder ducked kilts because he said he wasn’t ready then AJ ducked wilder because AJ is on record saying he wanted to wait until 2020 to fight wilder

I mean it goes both ways my man. And a better source would be more reliable. I mean as much as promoters lie you want us to believe anything sky sports says. The biase is real
                He’s also on record saying he’ll fight him in April

Comment

Wow. Just wow. What a diva behaviour for somebody who only has Ortiz on his resume in 40 fights and after being a champion for 3 years. Does Finkel know that he can also make offers? Why not open up a dialog? Incredible, absolutely incredible.

AJ's performance didn't help last Saturday, now did it, Deontay?

Even in his fight with Fury he'll make half of what he could make with AJ. Can somebody send team Wilder a duck whistle?

I think AJ and Hearn should try to push for a deal a bit more and then give up. For good. Sooner or later Wilder will lose (new champ might be easier to deal with) or will become too desperate after fighting AJ's leftovers and will start begging for this fight himself.
                  Last edited by alexjust; 09-25-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                    Wilder only used AJs name to boost his image...seems like he never really wanted the fight, only a payday
                    Who rejected a 50 million guarantee plus PPV upside????? YOUR BOY ANCLOWNEE JOKESHUA

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                      Wow, that’s what you got out of this? But then you mentionsed wilder ducked pov, fight was on, wilder was even in Russia, until a dirty drop.

If wilder ducked Whyte because he as the champion didn’t want to travel to a foreign country to fight a random contender then aj ducked wilder for not wanting to travel to a foreign country to fight a champion.

If wilder ducked kilts because he said he wasn’t ready then AJ ducked wilder because AJ is on record saying he wanted to wait until 2020 to fight wilder

I mean it goes both ways my man. And a better source would be more reliable. I mean as much as promoters lie you want us to believe anything sky sports says. The biase is real
                      Finally, someone that actually read and understood the article.

Comment

Working...
                      X