No announcement yet.

Feel terrible for Golovkin...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    Ah true that. Just was sad to see. You can't talk so much about respecting the sport and then high tail it though. I really don't want that to be the last thing I see regarding GGG, if he was mad enough to walk out like that I don't know if we'll see him fight again. He seems like a guy that'll stick to his guns if he feels he was unjustly robbed and not fight again. What do you think?
    He'll pull a Hagler. GGG has too much pride and probably retires. He probably that thought that in a close fight where he has the edge, there will be vindication and believes that boxing will give it to him this time, but it says otherwise and hence it's like a "betrayal" for him. And I don't blame him for walking out.

Comment

I kinda feel bad for GGG but then I think about why he let it get to that.

GGG was supposed to be this monster unbeatable Lancelot type. He was supposed to expose Canelo for the fraud that he was. Turns out that in 24 rounds he couldn't knock Canelo down. I mean wtf it makes you wonder if GGG was truly the monster everyone says he was

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        He'll pull a Hagler. GGG has too much pride and probably retires. He probably that thought that in a close fight where he has the edge, there will be vindication and believes that boxing will give it to him this time, but it says otherwise and hence it's like a "betrayal" for him. And I don't blame him for walking out.
        I'm thinking the same which makes it kinda sad. I think he had it in his mind that everyone saw the first fight and was on his side, then the PED thing happened and everyone was riding with him, no way would they take this from him, even if it was close. He musta forgot that Floyd scorecard. I wouldn't trust anyone after stuff like that.

I doubt he had a rematch clause or that Canelo would give him an immediate rematch. He doesn't seem too keen on taking on anybody else and I don't think he'll want to get up for it at 36.

Comment

I though Golovkin clearly won that so yeah...this was another bullcrap robbery.

I think I'm done with this sport.

Comment

i think he won this one even more decisively that the last one. he punished canelo more, a canelo that ended equally tired as in the first one. didn't improve his stamina that much. it sucks that close desisions like this one always go to the same side, i mean canelo lost every second, of every minute of every round vs floyd and somehow got a draw in one card.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I'm thinking the same which makes it kinda sad. I think he had it in his mind that everyone saw the first fight and was on his side, then the PED thing happened and everyone was riding with him, no way would they take this from him, even if it was close. He musta forgot that Floyd scorecard. I wouldn't trust anyone after stuff like that.

I doubt he had a rematch clause or that Canelo would give him an immediate rematch. He doesn't seem too keen on taking on anybody else and I don't think he'll want to get up for it at 36.
              He won't get up and retires yeah. After this fight, I was going to pick everyone in the MW division to beat Golovkin (Andrade, Jacobs, Charlo, Saunders etc. etc.) for how he looked in this fight but ATLEAST he would always have that 1 defining win against Canelo, and that probably lingered in his mind.

Comment

It's just so frustrating to be a GGG fan

He got ****ed around by his own promoter back in Germany, was being avoided by the top mws in his prime and then when he finally gets the big fight he gets screwed not once but twice

Honestly it's be better to me as a fan if he'd of gotten outclassed or koed. It's be easier to accept. But this is just BS

Both fight were close but both he won, the second one even more than the first one imo

Oh well that's boxing for you

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  Despite my conflicts with many GG fans, and my picking against him twice, I do think GG should have 2 W's over Canelo.

GG had guys duck him, had management that make shytty matches, had a trainer that embarrassed him in the media.
                  And, the 2 legacy defining fights that should have sent him out on a high note really reek of BS.

I'm not going to be militant about it. If you scored Canelo winning, fair enough. The fights can be debated. But, personally I don't feel good about any of it.

Whatever GG does from here on out, all the best to him.
                  Fair play man. I had the first one a draw. The second one GGG again started slow, easy for most fans to think GGG was winning because he was making a rally in the end, but they forgot canelo already made a good lead in the start.

The 12th round was the factor, and Canelo just closed the show better. Otherwise it would’ve been a draw.
                  I

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                    It's just so frustrating to be a GGG fan

He got ****ed around by his own promoter back in Germany, was being avoided by the top mws in his prime and then when he finally gets the big fight he gets screwed not once but twice

Honestly it's be better to me as a fan if he'd of gotten outclassed or koed. It's be easier to accept. But this is just BS

Both fight were close but both he won, the second one even more than the first one imo

Oh well that's boxing for you

it does make you wonder why we invest time watching a sport where you know which fighter is going to win as long as it's a competitive fight.

we will watch AJ v Povetkin next week, already knowing it'd be nailed on that AJ would get a decision if he only won 4 rounds or something.

i grew up around the sport, so it'll always be part of me but if i was some young kid now and watched these big events constantly ending in controversy, i'd probably find something else to be interested in.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                      I think it’s trash to rob an old man at the end of his career.

GGG has given us so many exciting experiences and fight.

If I were him I’d pull a Hagler and retire.
                      And nobody would care.

Comment

Working...
                      X