Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Olympians you'd like to see turn pro ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outside of the US Olympians, my top 3 would be:

1. Roniel Iglesias (Cuba)
    2. Misael Rodriguez (Mexico)
    3. Ivan Dychko (Kazakhstan)

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
      Melikuziev isn't the most handsome boxer and i feel that would affect his chances of being a star, sounds weird but i think that happens, but the man is just too good, sadly he is overshadowed by Lopez who probably wouldn't never turn pro.

P.D.
      I highlighted the start of every boxer's summary.
      I agree, looks does matter alot, i mean who would you rather root for?

or

Comment

Well, Alimkhanuly won his debut by ko and Concencao turns pro the saturday.

Comment

There are quite a few fighters I would like to see go pro but if I had to choose one I would like to see Daniyar Yeleussinov go pro.
          He's just way too talented to stop here. If he doesn't go pro I hope he at least goes for a second gold in 2020.

Yeleussinov is a top 3 amateur in the world. It's (my order) Yeleussinov, La Cruz, and Dusmatov. Those are the top three amateur boxers right now imo. Yeleussinov makes the most sense to go pro.
          Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 10-29-2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Well, Alimkhanuly won his debut by ko and Concencao turns pro the saturday.
            Teofimo Lopez is also supposed to be making his debut this Saturday. American fighter that represented Honduras at 60kg and was eliminated in the first round, but I think he has potential.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
              Teofimo Lopez is also supposed to be making his debut this Saturday. American fighter that represented Honduras at 60kg and was eliminated in the first round, but I think he has potential.
              I think i saw him in a tournament around here but it could have been another fighter from usa fighting for honduras.

Comment

There are quite a few fighters I would like to see go pro but if I had to choose one I would like to see Daniyar Yeleussinov go pro.
                He's just way too talented to stop here. If he doesn't go pro I hope he at least goes for a second gold in 2020.

Yeleussinov is a top 3 amateur in the world. It's (in no particular order) Yeleussinov, La Cruz, and Dusmatov. Those are the top three amateur boxers right now imo. Yeleussinov makes the most sense to go pro.
                My problem with Daniyar is that he slaps a lot, he can get his hands broken doing that with small gloves, but his talent is unbelievable.
                If could pick one i will pick Mellekuziev, he is a really balanced fighter, i haven't seen a real flaw on him, i actually believe that people underestimates him by his look.

Comment

My problem with Daniyar is that he slaps a lot, he can get his hands broken doing that with small gloves, but his talent is unbelievable.
                  If could pick one i will pick Mellekuziev, he is a really balanced fighter, i haven't seen a real flaw on him, i actually believe that people underestimates him by his look.
                  Another thing is that he keeps his mouth open a lot. Nobody is perfect. There are definitely things that Daniyar does that I don't like.
                  I'm in the minority but I actually thought Melikuziev beat Lopez in the Olympics. It was a close fight though it's not like I'm screaming robbery or anything.
                  Arlen Lopez and Robeisy Ramirez are two of my favorite amateurs right now, but both looked very beatable at the Olympics. Some people are so confident that they'll comeback in little less than four years and win the Gold again but I disagree. I think both looked very vulnerable and may be beaten. It really depends how good their weight class is too though in that time.

Are you going to watch the World Youth Championships this year? It's in November.
                  56kg should be an amazing weight class.
                  You'll have Eamer Coughlan from Ireland, Charles Frankham from England, Marc Castro from USA. And I'm still not sure who Russia is sending but if they send their number one guy it should be Nikita Piskunov. I don't know if they'll send him at 52 or 56 though.

Comment

Another thing is that he keeps his mouth open a lot. Nobody is perfect. There are definitely things that Daniyar does that I don't like.
                    I'm in the minority but I actually thought Melikuziev beat Lopez in the Olympics. It was a close fight though it's not like I'm screaming robbery or anything.
                    Arlen Lopez and Robeisy Ramirez are two of my favorite amateurs right now, but both looked very beatable at the Olympics. Some people are so confident that they'll comeback in little less than four years and win the Gold again but I disagree. I think both looked very vulnerable and may be beaten. It really depends how good their weight class is too though in that time.

Are you going to watch the World Youth Championships this year? It's in November.
                    56kg should be an amazing weight class.
                    You'll have Eamer Coughlan from Ireland, Charles Frankham from England, Marc Castro from USA. And I'm still not sure who Russia is sending but if they send their number one guy it should be Nikita Piskunov. I don't know if they'll send him at 52 or 56 though.
                    Well it's good to know that i'm not the only one who thought that the 75 final was closer than a lot of people said it, but i still gave it to Lopez.
                    In the case of Robeisy, i disagree, i think he looked really good, he fought the fight of all his opponents and beat them at their own game.
                    Lopez is a weird fighter, he seems complete, but at the same time i feel like he lacks something, he looks very beatable in regional tournaments and then dominates top fighters, really weird, but on his best night, he is in the top 10 p4p.

I will watch the youth champs for sure, considering that i should have been there , but i got too lazy and missed the chance, but two teammates are going, so i will be watching.
                    By the way, i heard good things about that kid Castro, i think he was the junior boxer of the year and John Bauza the youth boxer of the year, Bauza already turned pro and is a beast.
                    Last edited by yngwie; 10-29-2016, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Well it's good to know that i'm not the only one who thought that the 75 final was closer than a lot of people said it, but i still gave it to Lopez.
                      In the case of Robeisy, i disagree, i think he looked really good, he fought the fight of all his opponents and beat them at their one game.
                      Lopez is a weird fighter, he seems complete, but at the same time i feel like he lacks something, he looks very beatable in regional tournaments and then dominates top fighters, really weird, but on his best night, he is in the top 10 p4p.

I will watch the youth champs for sure, considering that i should have been there , but i got too lazy and missed the chance, but two teammates are going, so i will be watching.
                      By the way, i heard good things about that kid Castro, i think he was the junior boxer of the year and John Bauza the youth boxer of the year, Bauza already turned pro and is a beast.
                      Yeah it was extremely close. Some people had it 3-0 Lopez which I don't see how they can't give Melikuziev at least one round. Melikuziev fought Lopez much better than he did at Worlds. He may beat Lopez the next time they meet.
                      I'm a huge Ramirez fan and I was one of the main people hyping him up and I thought he was underrated, but I think people are starting to overrate him now. He's not as talented as Rigondeaux that's for sure, not even close. I thought he struggled in three of his bouts. I'm not as confident as everybody else that he will bring a third gold medal. Again, it depends how good 56kg is in 2020.
                      The problem with Ramirez is that he takes a lot of time off (in rounds). I have no idea why he does this.

That's very unfortunate to hear. But a great lesson I'm sure.
                      Castro has to be the sloppiest boxer I have ever seen but his opponents have trouble dealing with it. I'm interested in seeing how he deals with Frankham (who is a really good boxer) and Piskunov. Piskunov has a difficult style to deal with. He reminds me a little bit of Pacquiao; not sure if Russia will be sending Piskunov though, they should considering that he has been one of the most successful underage fighters for Russia ever. Castro vs. Coughlan would be a war.
                      More and more American fighters are turning pro at early ages. Ryan Garcia who just won the Youth Nationals also turned pro. He should have waited until the Youth World Championships at least.

Comment

Working...
                      X