No announcement yet.

Can commentators ruin a good fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can commentators ruin a good fight?

I believe so. I was thinking about the Mares vs LSC scrap due in a few weeks from now and I can't help but get excited over a possible FOTY candidate, but then I remembered how abysmal PBC's commentators can be. Now I know the commentating cast should be of little importance for what goes on inside the ring but at times the flat commentating could be a real downer.

Personally I would have loved for this fight to be showcased on Shotime but I'll be watching it regardless. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping for a memorable evening of boxing.
    Yes, bias, flat, boring commentating can really screw up a good fight.
    75.00%
    No, a good fight or classic is because of the fighters, not the men describing the action.
    5.00%
    Perhaps, but I don't really care enough to properly vote. Hence my vote.
    5.00%
    You just hatin on PBC doe.
    15.00%

Yes, try watching Mayweather-Cotto again.

Floyd Sr, P-REALA, and Sam Watson would have done a less biased job, I'm 100% serious.

Comment

Toney-Nunn and Chavez-Taylor are two of the very worst commentating performances I can remember, but I wouldn't say they ruin the fights. Just mute the fuckers.

Comment

Yup... example:

Comment

Yes colonel BOB!

I know the guys has called big fights for years and years, but his dick riding on certain fighters gets too much for me. Ruins the fight.

Comment

Poor commentating may not affect the fight so much, but the experience. However biased commentary can affect your visual perception. There was a study on how audio affects visual and audible perception - I don't recall all the details, but a clip was played with a voice to go along with a man opening his mouth to make a sound, two different sounds were played on two different clips and finally there was no audio to the video clip and it looked like he said something entirely different. Anyways, yes I do believe commentating can make a big difference, especially when it's biased, but let's just hope that won't be the case.

Comment

Sure can. I mean, there are some people who actually believe that Khan dominated Algeiri. Hell I still don't see how Khan won.

Comment

Originally posted by Moop View Post
                Yes, try watching Mayweather-Cotto again.

Floyd Sr, P-REALA, and Sam Watson would have done a less biased job, I'm 100% serious.
                Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Sure can. I mean, there are some people who actually believe that Khan dominated Algeiri. Hell I still don't see how Khan won.
                Lol I had it 8-4 Khan, but if I was willing to watch May/Pac again I might as well watch Khan/Algieri (and May/Cotto) again.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 08-01-2015, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I wish PBC would get Mauro Ranallo in already.

Comment

Most definitely. A recent example is Crawford-Dulorme where Dulorme was clearly winning rounds but apparently "he was doing boxing moves" (whatever that means). Very unusual of Kellerman and Roy Jones Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X