Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provodnikovs Power Overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good power, notable. He will at least trouble you and make you know you are in a fight - certainly above average. Is it truly crushing, fight ending power? I don't think so. But sometimes he is also sloppy and doesn't deliver that power to it's full effectiveness, which blunts it somewhat. Going to be a war with Lucas anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
      Good power, notable. He will at least trouble you and make you know you are in a fight - certainly above average. Is it truly crushing, fight ending power? I don't think so. But sometimes he is also sloppy and doesn't deliver that power to it's full effectiveness, which blunts it somewhat. Going to be a war with Lucas anyways.
      Maybe that's it. I'm just wondering based on his KO record not being that good and as said in the first post, he hasnt stopped fighters he was supposed to.

Comment

Power is legit - stamina is shit and he falls into sparring mode. You can easily visualize his hours of sparring Pacquiao working on his footwork, which isn't terrible, when he's cutting off the ring but not throwing punches. Extremely frustrating to watch as he had no business losing to Algieri.

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
          Maybe that's it. I'm just wondering based on his KO record not being that good and as said in the first post, he hasnt stopped fighters he was supposed to.
          Yeah, I feel he has trouble using his power when he faces someone with elite boxing skills and refuses to get into a brawl with him. Bradley made that mistake and got ****ed up...if he boxed like Algieri did he would probably had UD'd him. I feel Matthysse will win here, even in a brawl, because he generally does everything better or as good as Ruslan. Ruslan is tougher probably, but that will just make it a longer war.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
            Power is legit - stamina is shit and he falls into sparring mode. You can easily visualize his hours of sparring Pacquiao working on his footwork, which isn't terrible, when he's cutting off the ring but not throwing punches. Extremely frustrating to watch as he had no business losing to Algieri.
            Good point, that makes sense to me.

Comment

provodnikov has power, but he does not know how to apply it. He hasnt got the technical skills to accurately hit you.
              If you know how to avoid big punches, you will be fine. Corley and Herrera werent troubled by provodnikov, because they know how to take steam off the punches.

But if you trade with him or if your defensive arsenal only consist of the high guard, you will get in trouble.

Nevertheless, he doesnt know to finish someone off, he just goes wild, blows his steam and doesnt use patience to pick his opponents apart after hurting them (e.g. danny garcia against amir khan)

Comment

dUDE COULDNT STOP coRLEY, HE'S NOT STOPPING THE DA ****ING MACHINE.

Comment

one thing that makes provodnikov very dangerous, esspecially when he has energy, is his counter-punching inside of the opponents punches with short overhands/hooks

i think provodnikov would have stopped bradley, algieri and alvarado alot sooner if he'd gone to the body a bit, he didn't go to the body at all vs algieri and bradley and when he hit alvarado downstairs the effect was instant

Comment

I want to say its the lack of timing that doesn't get him as many KOs as he should.
                    His form (not the reaction of his opponents) do APPEAR to be more powerful than the average welter.

Comment

He has 1 punch power, he'd KO more people but he's such a limited boxer he's got a limited arsenal. He takes many breaks as well so he's not throwing as much. His power is definitely there, you can tell by how explosive it is.

Most KO's come off punches fighters can't see, Provo doesn't really have that element of surprise either.

Comment

Working...
                      X