No announcement yet.

the klitschko "just size" myth exposed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S H A R K B O Y View Post
    It's not just size but athleticism as well. Outside of that they put in hard work for their set of skills, they aren't naturally gifted.
    Are you serious? They are genetic freaks of men. Both are gifted for fighting, wlad is the superb boxer who uses all the gifts he has to fight in a style other than getting caugh cold is nigh on impossible to beat and vitali is just a born fighter, he enjoys fighting and hurting people similar to tyson. Vitali may look very very very robotic but he has the highest KO % of any HW in history and i believe the only HW champ never to have been knocked down let alone knocked out. I think that is pretty gifted to be honest?

Comment

if wlad was 6'3 and his abilities were all the same than Haye would have wooped him. That being said if the logical thing happened and he was smaller, he would be faster and more agile therefore losing out on size and reach and gaining speed and agility. How that would have stacked up against Haye i don't know. The Klitschko for their size are very athelitic, and thats why they suceed were valuev, long etc fail. So yes there size and reach is a huge factor in them being so dominant, but it also affects their speed and athelitism. They have developed a style for their abilities and nothing should be made of that, if he wants to sit behind his jab, than do so. God gave them size, so let them use. One thing i can't stand tho is clinching part of their game, whenever fighters get inside they employ the clinch and in boxing your only allowed to do if your tired not if someone gets inside. Lewis was guilty of this too.

Comment

Originally posted by No1 View Post
        Are you serious? They are genetic freaks of men. Both are gifted for fighting, wlad is the superb boxer who uses all the gifts he has to fight in a style other than getting caugh cold is nigh on impossible to beat and vitali is just a born fighter, he enjoys fighting and hurting people similar to tyson. Vitali may look very very very robotic but he has the highest KO % of any HW in history and i believe the only HW champ never to have been knocked down let alone knocked out. I think that is pretty gifted to be honest?
        Valuev's never been floored i think
        Last edited by kiDynamite92; 07-05-2011, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
          Valuev's never been floored i think
          add oliver mccal to that list too !

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            if wlad was 6'3 and his abilities were all the same than Haye would have wooped him. That being said if the logical thing happened and he was smaller, he would be faster and more agile therefore losing out on size and reach and gaining speed and agility. How that would have stacked up against Haye i don't know. The Klitschko for their size are very athelitic, and thats why they suceed were valuev, long etc fail. So yes there size and reach is a huge factor in them being so dominant, but it also affects their speed and athelitism. They have developed a style for their abilities and nothing should be made of that, if he wants to sit behind his jab, than do so. God gave them size, so let them use. One thing i can't stand tho is clinching part of their game, whenever fighters get inside they employ the clinch and in boxing your only allowed to do if your tired not if someone gets inside. Lewis was guilty of this too.
            I'm with this one 100%! Same goes, if Haye was a bit taller then I would say that it would of been a better fight with the out come being Haye the winner. I think it's harsh how Haye is getting so much **** for losing, it ain't like he got knocked out though he took a couple of Wlad's best right's so I still don't get why people are calling him. He did quite well against Wlad to say about the size difference.

Comment

Haye definatley under-estimated the speed of Wlad, especially the speed of his jab. Though it was clear the reach difference was the reason Haye found it so hard to get to Wlad so i'd still say the size was the biggest issue in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                Haye definatley under-estimated the speed of Wlad, especially the speed of his jab. Though it was clear the reach difference was the reason Haye found it so hard to get to Wlad so i'd still say the size was the biggest issue in that fight.
                At the same time size slows you down....a smaller Wlad woul be a faster Wlad with much better movement and flexibility.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                  At the same time size slows you down....a smaller Wlad woul be a faster Wlad with much better movement and flexibility.
                  how'd you figure that? would roy jones be faster if he was smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                    how'd you figure that? would roy jones be faster if he was smaller?
                    Same way a car has a power to weight ratio is how I'm figuring it.

You have the same engine and driver with a smaller, lighter chassis it goes faster.

Remove a few vertebrae and the muscle and tissue that goes with it..assume the intelligence remains the same and yeah its faster than the heaviest one.

Of course if you're talking about actually losing weight with the same frame thats a different matter altogether.
                    Last edited by DET. IRONSIDE; 07-05-2011, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X