Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Pascal gets exposed, now Lemieux. Is Bute next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must be French cuisine.....Hmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
      I don't think Bute is top 10 P4P. He's at best 3rd at SMW. I don't think he beats Ward or Froch for sure, and he'd struggle with Johnson, Dirrell, and Kessler. He got KO'd by Andrade who I think is overrated by a ton of boxing fans.

Titlist=Nothing to me. JCC Jr is a titlist, so what? Dawson and Hopkins both clearly outclassed Pascal, Dawson just didn't let his hands go, and Pascal got a hometown decision over BHop. Pascal continues to not impress me at all.
      Dawson outclassed him?

What fight were you watching?

you could argue that Dawson is the more skilled fighter but how the hell did he outclassed him? His own fault for lacking that killer instinct

Comment

Bute looked sketchy at times in his last fight, but I will hold my judgment until he fights a legitamite super middle wieght like Kessler.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
          I don't think Bute is top 10 P4P. He's at best 3rd at SMW. I don't think he beats Ward or Froch for sure, and he'd struggle with Johnson, Dirrell, and Kessler. He got KO'd by Andrade who I think is overrated by a ton of boxing fans.

Titlist=Nothing to me. JCC Jr is a titlist, so what? Dawson and Hopkins both clearly outclassed Pascal, Dawson just didn't let his hands go, and Pascal got a hometown decision over BHop. Pascal continues to not impress me at all.
          You didn't actually answer the questions. All you did was use your opinion to discredit and dismiss.

I don't see Bute as top 10 P4P either, but the majority of the boxing world would agree that he's at least top 20 P4P, if not top 10.

I rate titlists pretty low too (titlist=means titleholder is at least top 20 in the division), so I'm not sure what your point is. I'm one of the biggest Dawson supporters here, but I'm not going to sit here and discredit or dismiss Pascal.

The questions were do you believe that Lemieux will match or exceed what But and Pascal accomplished. Not trying to embarrass you or call you out, just putting my 2 in that I don't see it as of now (never really had much of an opinion on Lemieux before the loss to Rubio, so no revisionism here) and asking you whether you think he will.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
            I like Bute's upside more.

He has all the tools to be the man at 168.

Size, speed, power, bodypunching.
            Ah, Bute is a few chromosomes away from being a "Slick African-American fighter".

He looks the part when he up against white guys with receding hairlines like McGee, I'd like to see if he is still as fast and evasive looking aginst a Dirrel or Ward. Heck even Kessler, which is a more realistic possibility in the near future.

Comment

You mustve missed Andrade vs. Bute 1

Comment

Wards next to beat Bute. After he wins the tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickTurtle View Post
                  Dawson outclassed him?

What fight were you watching?

you could argue that Dawson is the more skilled fighter but how the hell did he outclassed him? His own fault for lacking that killer instinct

I would bet on Dawson beating Pascal in a rematch.

Comment

i thought myself it was blatantly obvious even before the rubio and bhop fights that bute was the class of the current crop of top canadian fighters ...

Comment

I wouldn't call it exposed in Lemieux's case, I would just call it inexperienced.....

I thought he should've adjusted when he saw that his bombs weren't rocking rubio, he should re-assessed and gone to a more technical boxing strategy to go along with his power..... IE Jab- 1-2 combo etc....

Comment

Working...
                      X