No announcement yet.

Left handed orthodox fighters vs. Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left handed orthodox fighters vs. Pacquiao

I was listening to some analysis which suggested that hatton and de la hoya struggled against pacquiao partially due to their left handedness (although there were obviously more significant problems for them). That is to say, their straight right wasn't as developed or dominant as a right handed fighter thus taking away one of the greater threats they possess, allowing pacquiao to move towards his opponents right shoulder with relative ease.

Is this accurate? does it apply to a potential match up with cotto and if so how significant a factor would it be? More specifically, how much does it affect his ability to throw effective shots with his left hand?
    Last edited by eli porter; 05-16-2009, 01:20 PM.

Yeah, its pretty accurate. De la hoya was famed for his jab, hence left hand. While Hatton was famed for his lead hook, hence left hand. Both of them didn't really have a good right hand. Then you look at JMM-Pacquiao. JMM's right hand gave Pacquiao a ton of problems.

As for Cotto. I dont know. Is he left handed? Either way, Cotto would have fight on the inside and use those big body shots to end Pacquiao. If he fights mid-ranged like he did against Mosley. Pacquiao will overwhelm Cotto with all those flurries.

Comment

Originally posted by eli porter View Post
      I was listening to some analysis which suggested that hatton and de la hoya struggled against pacquiao partially due to their left handedness (although there were obviously more significant problems for them). That is to say, their straight right wasn't as developed or dominant as a right handed fighter thus taking away one of the greater threats they possess, allowing pacquiao to move towards his opponents right shoulder with relative ease.

Is this accurate? does it apply to a potential match up with cotto and if so how significant a factor would it be? More specifically, how much does it affect his ability to throw effective shots with his left hand?
      Are you talking about the gamblers advisory vid on youtube? if so that guy knows what he's talking about. He's correct about pac beating up on left handed orthodox fighters, dont post the vid here though, the noobs wont understand it and we can get some decent odds against pacquiao if he fights mr boat buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        JMM's right hand gave Pacquiao a ton of problems.

Is he left handed? Either way, Cotto would have fight on the inside and use those big body shots to end Pacquiao. If he fights mid-ranged like he did against Mosley. Pacquiao will overwhelm Cotto with all those flurries.
        yeah, cotto's left handed.

Originally posted by Technical_Skill View Post
        Are you talking about the gamblers advisory vid on youtube? if so that guy knows what he's talking about. He's correct about pac beating up on left handed orthodox fighters.
        yeah it's him.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Then you look at JMM-Pacquiao. JMM's right hand gave Pacquiao a ton of problems.
          Also factor in that Manny didn't have much of a right hand himself at that point, and that gave him problems, too. After the Marquez fights, Manny transformed into a much more complete fighter with a very good right hand. He hurt Oscar with it, stunned Diaz with it and then knocked him out with the left, and has just recently knocked Hatton down with a peach of a right hand just after the 2 minute mark of round 1.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Working...
          X