Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
    Wrong

Australia's murder rate is at its lowest level in 25 years

Anyway enough deflection from the basket case that is the US ....
    So now you're using data 25 years after the gun ban???

You're going the wrong way, genius.

You need to cite data CLOSER to the ban, not further.

Comment

Australia's murder rate is at its lowest level in 25 years
      As was said, the rate was falling previous to the ban and continued roughly the same trend after the ban.

Logic dictates unless there is a major altering of the trend, as the years progress the rate is lowest every new year.

Basic Logic and Statistics.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
        A conspiracy theorist.... to a degree of course has to make COMMON sense... which sometimes flies over people's heads when they wear the tinfoil hats a bit too much lol

but i think it was isis etc
        Let's wait and see, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
          So now you're using data 25 years after the gun ban???

You're going the wrong way, genius.

You need to cite data CLOSER to the ban, not further.
          Yawn

The number of mass shootings in Australia dropped from 13 in the 18-year period before 1996 to zero after the Port Arthur massacre.

Between 1995 and 2006, gun-related homicides and suicides in the country dropped by 59 percent and 65 percent

Anyway, we both know that no amount of proof will convince you as you're stuck in the 1700s

Comment

tax exemptions.... for american companies like pepsi cola etc and a slew of others... puerto ricans had to move up those latters in those companies etc.... mostly pr was for import/export of food goods since that's what mostly the island produced (especially sugar).... so yea those companies got tax exempt... and so what if bill clinton did that? close to 100 years past none of those companies paid taxes... .and then they had to start paying those.... which led to CLOSURES of those companies and puertoricans being without jobs. They even gave *tax courses* to those PR that owned small locations like bodegas and such... and even if that... if the person didnt understand what or how the taxes worked once the course was done they were pretty much on their own... so if they miscalculated the said tax, they would pretty much have to shut down... since PRs are NOT ALLOWED to have bail outs like the american companies for example.

so no it wasn't a good thing that happened... I would know first hand because I was actually living in puerto rico when the taxes law had passed. People were losing jobs left and right and now the government (usa) had to give those unemployment insurance/food stamps etc...

oh and ALOT and I mean ALOT of PRs from the island are on food stamps

and thats the truth
            Thanks for sharing. Adam Ali had a problem with companies being charged taxes. So looking back do you think that tax exemption should have been cancelled?

Comment

• Are there actual footages of people getting shot?

Comment

the fuq?

I said that CRIME has risen... of course gun deaths have fallen a bit, (not by much either) but every OTHER CRIME has gone up!
                Which ones? Where's a link showing crime rates have gone up and which categories of crime were responsible for that and that gun crime has gone down very little.

Comment

The number of mass shootings in Australia dropped from 13 in the 18-year period before 1996 to zero after the Port Arthur massacre.
                  And? That's one data point, of course.

But the fact is you had 4 mass shootings after the ban. Maybe that was a drop, it's not relevant anyway. The point is a complete gun ban did not stop even completely stop your one chosen data point.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  Between 1995 and 2006, gun-related homicides and suicides in the country dropped by 59 percent and 65 percent
                  Agreed. That's to be expected, of course. I must point out this is two data points this time.

What happened in regards to the overall homicides and suicides in the country during that time?

That number will be the sum of ALL the data points, so I figure it's quite relevant.

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  Anyway, we both know that no amount of proof will convince you as you're stuck in the 1700s
                  I change stances when my stances can't hold up in open debate. It's my purpose for engaging in it.

That's my way of being an educated voter, which the Founders spoke of the need for.

If you offer up arguments I can't refute on an issue, I'll be agreeing with you on that issue in the future. It's how I roll.

That said, when resorts to insults they have conceded the debate, and not in their favor. That means my beliefs held up. Since I like a challenge, because that's the only way to truly put my beliefs to the test, I don't like people who quit so quickly.

You're persistent. You can obviously find data to back your claims, and you're not a dumb guy. I like that, as it makes for a good test.

You obviously like engaging with me, as you keep coming back. I like that too.

But this will be the last time. Cut the insults. I love lively debate, and I don't mind a few jabs here and there. But I don't do name-calling contests, play Gotcha! or engage in battles of snark. You've been given a long leash after being asked nicely. I even gave you an explanation for my behavior.

It's on you how this proceeds. I offered my response to your post. Your response determines if the discourse continues or if it stops completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Is there actual footage of people getting shot?
                    Yes, plenty of it.

What I find strange is that an old retired former accountant with no military training could kill that many people at a distance.

It seems someone else must have assisted him, or that he was a patsy set up and killed, his body put in the room to take the blame.

How could he set up surveillance in the halls outside his room without being noticed? How did he get all the weapons past security?

Comment

• Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                      Let's wait and see, then.
                      yup thats what im saying too

Comment

Working...
                      X