Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't people keeping the same energy for Charlo-Cota as they were for GGG-Vanes?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
    1 charlo is not a champion...he was the challenger
    2 charlo is not p4p rated

and no one is really trying to legitimize this charlo fight either
    Thanks Curt. Your input is always appreciated. I’m thinking of making the drive to Vegas for this blockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Maybe because GGG was the unified champ and he swerved his mandatory. Which was a much better fight
      Remember the hype for derv from you guys and only for it to disappear when he lost to somebody ggg beat lol

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Thanks Curt. Your input is always appreciated. I’m thinking of making the drive to Vegas for this blockbuster.
        the fight sucks...im being honest

someone asked for the difference between ggg/vanes and this fight...i explained and gave my opinion

doesnt change my stance that its a crap fight

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          The fight was just announced a few hours ago. Can you point me to the post where people are calling Charlo-Cota a good fight like GGG Stan’s were saying about GGG-Vanes?
          Vanes is much better than Cota though - but even then can you find me any post from a GGG fan saying that was a great fight?

At best people said it was a decent last minute replacement - and again many people gave Vanes round 1 in that fight - I believe even the scorer for BS gave round 1 to Vanes in that fight.

And this is maybe the best Charlo can do himself on short notice. I don't blame him for the fight falling through, through no fault of his own. But to say Cota is as good of a fighter as Vanes, that's pretty wild. Come on we should keep it real here.
          Last edited by Boxing_1013; 06-03-2019, 08:05 PM.

Comment

1 charlo is not a champion...he was the challenger
            2 charlo is not p4p rated

and no one is really trying to legitimize this charlo fight either
            Got ya, thanks.

Don't recall many trying to legitimize the Vanes-GGG fight tbh...seemed at best some were saying it was an OK fill on short notice, and I agreed at the time. Also as I've said before I think Vanes looked the same in that fight as he always has in there anyway, I remember watching his first fight against Lara since Lara has been a favorite of mine for a while.

Biggest issue for Vanes in that fight was the jump to 160 and his style not being good for GGG imo...boxing wise he looked the same to me as he always has when I've seen him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
              Got ya, thanks.

Don't recall many trying to legitimize the Vanes-GGG fight tbh...seemed at best some were saying it was an OK fill on short notice, and I agreed at the time. Also as I've said before I think Vanes looked the same in that fight as he always has in there anyway, I remember watching his first fight against Lara since Lara has been a favorite of mine for a while.

Biggest issue for Vanes in that fight was the jump to 160 and his style not being good for GGG imo...boxing wise he looked the same to me as he always has when I've seen him.
              the biggest thing with golovkin fans at the time is that literally half of them wouldnt allow them to even say "well ya its a crap fight but its prob the best he could do on notice"....because most of them couldnt bring themselves to utter a negative word about him...which is what made them insufferable

there were a few that said "yeah fight sucks...best he could do though probably"...but literally half of them couldnt even bring themselves to utter a negative golovkins way "yeah fight sucks" would just be too much for them...they might have had a panic attack saying it lol

but nah....the charlo fight sucks...but like i said..he aint the champ....hes the challenger....and hes not a top 3 p4p guy like golovkin was at the time.....in fact charlo isnt rating in a top 20 anywhere right now i dont think........i think holding current charlo to that version of golovkin to the same standard is a bit off.....but regardless both fights crap...is what it is

Comment

I didn't even know Charlo was fighting Cota.

Comment

the biggest thing with golovkin fans at the time is that literally half of them wouldnt allow them to even say "well ya its a crap fight but its prob the best he could do on notice"....because most of them couldnt bring themselves to utter a negative word about him...which is what made them insufferable

there were a few that said "yeah fight sucks...best he could do though probably"...but literally half of them couldnt even bring themselves to utter a negative golovkins way "yeah fight sucks" would just be too much for them...they might have had a panic attack saying it lol

but nah....the charlo fight sucks...but like i said..he aint the champ....hes the challenger....and hes not a top 3 p4p guy like golovkin was at the time.....in fact charlo isnt rating in a top 20 anywhere right now i dont think........i think holding current charlo to that version of golovkin to the same standard is a bit off.....but regardless both fights crap...is what it is
                  Got ya, thanks for your comments man.

I guess the two fights feel similar to me since both Charlo-GGG were going into grudge match re-matches after controversial first fights. As well as other similarities.

I agree there are some nuances in each case that make them different though - some that work in Charlo's favor and some in GGG's imo. I do think sometimes subtle differences can mean it is fair for someone to have a different opinion about two similar situations like this. So if people see shades of gray here and alter their opinion, I think that can be reasonable and fine.

Personally when I heard Spike OSullivan and I think one other guy being rumored for that fight, I was like man, what a **** fight. Even with Vanes being inactive and his first fight at 160, I at least rate him as a decent fighter so I didn't have as much of an issue with that one - just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                    I didn't even know Charlo was fighting Cota.
                    Just came out today apparently.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2019/6/3...pbc-fox-boxing

Comment

Bro after seeing what Ruiz did to AJ, i doubt anyone takes a legit challenge as a last minute replacement.

Comment

Working...
                      X