Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Wilder Ducks Again, He's Cruel To Face an Old Pensioner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: Wilder Ducks Again, He's Cruel To Face an Old Pensioner

Deontay Wilder has ducked once again. If people don’t believe he’s running from the big fights by now, then I don’t know what to tell them.

He’s fighting Luis Ortiz again because he’s a s***house. It’s the easiest of fights for him.

Ortiz is a fake bogeyman. His best win by far was over Bryant Jennings who has been knocked out by my next opponent, the unbeaten Oscar Rivas. There’s this myth that the ancient Ortiz is avoided but the reality is that he has turned down multiple offers to fight me. I even have some sympathy for Anthony Joshua as Ortiz turns down fights and then waits until the opponent has another fight arranged before claiming that they are avoiding him. He rejected over $7million to face AJ this coming Saturday. I guarantee he’s getting a lot less than that for the Wilder rematch. It makes no sense.

After Wilder beat Dominic Breazeale, Ortiz somehow ended up in the ring and looked old, frail and confused. After hanging around for a few minutes looking lost, he was helped out of the ring by his carers and was overheard talking to himself in Spanish: “Where am I? Who are all these people? What are they doing in my house?”

Wilder has already beaten him and he knows he’ll beat him even quicker this time. What’s the point of fighting an old aged pensioner again? It’s just cruel.

Wilder previously told me that “I’m going to make you wait two years to fight me and there’s nothing you can do about it”. I’ve been WBC number one and silver champion for 575 days now but he is allowed to continue dodging me. How can you be number one and not get that fight with the champion for that long? Tell me, what is the point of the rankings?

Wilder has been WBC champion for nearly four-and-a-half years and he’s only fought two mandatory challengers in that time, both of them undeserving and cherry-picked and who lasted less than a round each. Something is badly wrong there. He acts like he calls the shots with the WBC and can say and do as he pleases.

I want Wilder bad, especially after all of this nonsense. After all the time I’ve spent chasing the WBC belt, I want that above all else.

WBC AGREE TO TYSON FURY’S DEMANDS – FIGHT IS ON!

Tyson Fury has been spouting off again, calling me a ‘bum’ and now saying he’s not interested in fighting me.

He’s the one who called me out in the first place so there’s no way that he can pull out now – whatever he says in public. He asked for the Diamond belt and the WBC have agreed to put it on the line, so there can be no more excuses.

He made the demands to the WBC and he’s got what he wanted. So let’s get it on in the Autumn, after I have dealt with Rivas on July 20.

Fury likes to say he will do this, he will do that, he will knock me out. Well, this is a chance for him to prove to people all the things he has been saying. I’m 100% confident that I’ll put him to sleep. Is he the Gypsy King or the Gypsy Coward?

His trainer, Ben Davison, says I’m not the toughest fight for Tyson Fury. Who the hell is Ben Davison? He got lucky. He’s just a yes man. He does whatever Tyson Fury wants him to and makes him feel a certain type of way. He’s more a fluffer than a trainer. Don’t get me wrong, Ben’s a nice guy but I just don’t think he has enough experience to control Tyson.

Peter Fury was the real taskmaster and the real grafter. He gave Tyson the discipline and got him to a certain place in his career. Davison just swooped in and stole Peter Fury’s years of hard work. Davison hasn’t improved Tyson at all. He’s still doing the same things he was taught by his uncle.

We all know Tyson has his broadcast deal with ESPN and Top Rank’s Bob Arum has previously claimed that Fury’s next three fights are going to take place in America. Well, me vs Fury is a massive fight. I’m sure they would make an exception to have that take place in the UK. If not, I’d be happy to fight him in the US or anywhere, anytime, on any TV channel.

I’m also delighted to announce that the IBC (Imaginary Boxing Commission) have just confirmed that their Super Lineal Champion Title is going to be on the line too when I face Tyson!

Tyson, stop talking rubbish, and let’s go baby!!

ANTHONY JOSHUA MAKES HIS US DEBUT AGAINST ANDY RUIZ JR

I am looking forward to Anthony Joshua’s US debut and it’s good to see British boxing taking over New York. It is a decent match-up they made at short notice.

A lot of guys didn’t want to face Joshua after Jarrell Miller’s failed drugs tests. Ortiz was among those running or cycling away from the fight.

Given that he is fighting in America, Ruiz Jr is a decent replacement opponent for Joshua. It’s good business by Eddie Hearn, who has done a great job of managing Joshua’s career and picking the right opponents at the right time.

The fight is going to bring in a big Mexican audience for DAZN following on from their Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez fight on top of the strong US audience that fighting at Madison Square Garden will bring.

Ruiz Jr has got fast hands, good boxing skills and a big heart. His only loss in 33 fights was a close decision loss to Joseph Parker but I think Joshua will be too much for him. I fully expect Joshua to grind him down and stop him within six rounds.

MY VERDICT ON THE JOSHUA VS RUIZ UNDERCARD

I think Callum Smith has got a decent fight on Joshua’s undercard. We’ll see how much Hassan N’Dam has left against the WBA super-middleweight champion, who is eager to impress in the hope of tempting Canelo into facing him.

Katie Taylor is taking on Delfine Persoon, whose only loss was a DQ nine years ago, to become the undisputed lightweight world champion. She’s an inspiration and great for the sport of boxing. She’s very humble, she really can fight and she’s got the whole of Ireland behind her. I’m wishing her the best on Saturday night.

Joshua Buatsi is also on the card against Marco Antonio Periban. It’s another run out fight for him. They need to step him up because he is a great talent and I believe he will do better against better opposition. I sparred with him back in the day so I know exactly how good he is.

Tommy Coyle will also be in the ring and I’m expecting fireworks against another warrior in Chris Algieri. That’s a baking soda and vinegar fight! I think it’s going to be fight of the night.

They’re both decent guys but Tommy Coyle is a friend of mine and I respect him a lot. He does a lot for the community in his home city, Hull. He deserves this and this moment is bigger than a world title to him. He’s been through a lot of ups and downs and I wish him all the best. But it’s a hard fight. They’re both very similar in style and mindset. I hope he shows ambition and goes on to fight for a world title, but he’s got to deal with Algieri first. It won’t be easy.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/5...jr-tyson-fury/

Always get a laugh when Whyte calls someone a ducker

Comment

Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
      Always get a laugh when Whyte calls someone a ducker
      Whyte's become one of those people that are just all talk (kinda like Fury tbf), but if Whyte v Fury actually does happen it'll go a long way to giving him an actual reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
        Whyte's become one of those people that are just all talk (kinda like Fury tbf), but if Whyte v Fury actually does happen it'll go a long way to giving him an actual reputation.
        He's already got the reputation as the most deserving title challenger and Wilder has been ducking him for years.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Wilder Ducks Again, He's Cruel To Face an Old Pensioner

Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte has erupted after WBC world champion Deontay Wilder made a decision to finalize an agreement to fight Luis Ortiz in a rematch in the fall. Whyte, ranked at number one for some time by the WBC, has been pushing to get a crack at Wilder for the last two years.
          [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Originally posted by Deus View Post
            Don't get me wrong, I like Whyte (don't really rate him all that high) but his fights along with Wilder are probably the most entertaining HW fights for me that I make sure I stop and watch

Comment

Wilder ducked Whyte yet again and Wilder is fighting old Ortiz, those are facts.

Comment

Gee... I wonder. Why doesnt anyone else ever "duck" their way into an Ortiz fight? Thats really weird.

Comment

Too long didn’t read

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    He's already got the reputation as the most deserving title challenger and Wilder has been ducking him for years.
                    Wasn’t he supposed to have a final eliminator be Ortiz but ducked it?

Comment

Working...
                    X