Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Klitschko came back and won the title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Klitschko came back and won the title?

If Wladimir Klitschko returns to boxing in a few years, after the age of 45, and defeats the eventual winner (and undisputed champ) of the AJ/Fury/Wilder race, would Klitschko be the greatest heavyweight of all time?

Career accomplishments to consider in this scenario:

3x heavyweight champ (or 2x if you don’t want to count the WBO prior to it’s glory days)

19 consecutive heavyweight title defenses (Third most all time behind Larry Holmes and Joe Louis)

Second longest consecutive heavyweight title reign in total years (behind Joe Louis)

Oldest man to win a heavyweight championship

The signature victory his detractors were waiting for.

Wouldn't happen. I'd even pick Wilder now to beat him (which is saying a lot cause Wilder is trash in my opinion)

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      If Wladimir Klitschko returns to boxing in a few years, after the age of 45, and defeats the eventual winner (and undisputed champ) of the AJ/Fury/Wilder race, would Klitschko be the greatest heavyweight of all time?

Career accomplishments to consider in this scenario:

3x heavyweight champ (or 2x if you don’t want to count the WBO prior to it’s glory days)

19 consecutive heavyweight title defenses (Third most all time behind Larry Holmes and Joe Louis)

Second longest consecutive heavyweight title reign in total years (behind Joe Louis)

Oldest man to win a heavyweight championship

The signature victory his detractors were waiting for.
      No. I don't know why so many think that one big win makes you the greatest of all time. It's your entire record that does that. Even with that unlikely win all his losses would not go away and very few would consider him the greatest of all time. He was a very good champion with some weaknesses and some poor performances and one very unlikely great win doesn't change that. Nobody suddenly gets better at age 45. It never happens. Instead everybody gets worse at that age. It's just a dream of yours that will never happen.

Comment

Working...
      X