Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 04-11-2019, 10:37 AM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1778 Post(s)
Fabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 40,241.10
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipio2009 View Post
You're in Los Angeles, on holiday, and the driver in the "lift" I'm assuming, asked you if you knew a boxer named AJ.

Los Angeles, home to 4 million people and something like 13 million people in the greater LA are, is a pretty massive city and you're hanging your inference on a single interaction?
Lol I don’t know where you got driver from it was a random guy. I just think it’s strange I constantly hear from you guys how nobody knows who he is and the first interaction I have with an American is him wanting to talk about aj. The same happened in New York actually but I let that slide as I was at a boxing event.
Fabes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:13 AM #22
Contender

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
hogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond reputehogey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,257.88
Total Points: 8,741.96

Of course they know who AJ is i am over there many times a year either in NY, LA, Houston, Denver and Chicago and whenever i get chatting to sports fans they all mention Joshua above anyone in the division, though Fury has certainly become more visable over there too. Wilder when very occasionally mentioned is usually in a sentence that includes the word Bum. Only hardcore Boxing fans really seem to know who Wilder is though and thats down to him and his promoter not wanting him fighting anyone decent for so many years.
hogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:15 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 6396 Post(s)
juggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond reputejuggernaut666 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 66,795.67
Wlad is going to rip Fury and Fury's ego apart - Krusher P4P #1 For your tears :) - motivational Dunce - denium Dunce - denium Dunce - denium 
Bellend - denium Bellend - denium something to suck and bounce on - HughJass No Message - anthonydavid11 gAy J LOL - ^lll 
Send a message via AIM to juggernaut666

Joshua is very well known after his Klitchko fight. WIlder has been on sport niches and you tube channels more but that's sports talk. Joshua being on a few talk shows actually geared to him made him more popular here ...he's in commercials too , don't ppl understand this that , that's far more impactful then making a guest appearance on race cars or basketball games bc it's a routine thing ?

Those saying Wilder is more known are lying. If someone knows Fury they know Joshua ....most didnt even know Klitchko lost his belts in 2015, we'll leave it at that.

The current fight should tell you who's more popular bc he's still overshadowing Wilder and he's fighting Miller .
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
juggernaut666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 11:44 AM #24
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3142 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,475.55
Total Points: 38,708.73
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabes88 View Post
I’m in la on holiday. I was in the lift earlier and someone overheard my British accent and asked if I was from the U.K. and the first thing he said after that was he follows British boxers and in particular aj.

Are you guys being honest when you say nobody knows who he is or do you just mean the average American? Because it’s already been proven the average American isn’t sure who wilder is either. I know one person doesn’t mean he’s the most famous person in history but I find it strange that’s the first thing someone would say to me, he must be relatively well known

Well i'd say the average American has no idea who he is. Obviously any real boxing fan in any country is going to know who he is.

Canelo is arguably the biggest star in boxing but i bet outside of Mexico and probably USA, the average man on the street doesn't really know him.

Apart from a few big names over the recent years like Mayweather and Manny and a few big fights, boxing is pretty much a niche sport now when it comes to the general public, although it has become more mainstream in the UK recently. In terms of worldwide appeal, pretty much all boxers today are only really known by people who really follow the sport and a few armchair sports fans that take a bit of interest.

Last edited by deathofaclown; 04-11-2019 at 11:47 AM.
deathofaclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:15 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2548 Post(s)
Laligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond reputeLaligalaliga has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,431.83
Total Points: 67,853.64
what an idiot - __________ Eddie the snake lol - __________ DAZN is shit and so is Eddie's US stable.  Taking over America baby LMAO - __________ Matchroom USA is sooo shit - __________ Eddie's US stable LOL - __________ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - __________ Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- Gay and Lesbian Pride - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
I'd say close to completely unknown, unless you are a hardcore boxing fan. What has Joshua done in boxing, or US boxing? Why should anyone know him? He's not special in this area, maybe in the UK, or Europe. In boxing, he's nothing special.

Sorry, but, the guy is a skill less Mummy.
Lolx..... Has anyone told you, you are a skillless writer?
You are pathetic to be honest.
Laligalaliga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 PM #26
The Truth Hurts

Quoted: 4654 Post(s)
sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,705.17
Total Points: 104,014.01
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - CTC JOHNNY CHEERS! - anthonydavid11 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

The Casual sports fans don't know him but to be fair they don't know most of the current boxers. Mayweather is still by far the most known boxer and he still move the Needle the most here in America
sicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 01:05 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 24040 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,369.44
Total Points: 680,183.20
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
I’m in la on holiday. I was in the lift earlier and someone overheard my British accent and asked if I was from the U.K. and the first thing he said after that was he follows British boxers and in particular aj.

Are you guys being honest when you say nobody knows who he is or do you just mean the average American? Because it’s already been proven the average American isn’t sure who wilder is either. I know one person doesn’t mean he’s the most famous person in history but I find it strange that’s the first thing someone would say to me, he must be relatively well known
His promoter is the one saying he needs to increase his profile in America. Is Hearn lying?
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:54 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1778 Post(s)
Fabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond reputeFabes88 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,241.10
Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- Eddie's bitch - DramaShow- 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - DramaShow- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
His promoter is the one saying he needs to increase his profile in America. Is Hearn lying?
There’s a difference between being unknown and needing to raise your profile
Fabes88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:00 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 24040 Post(s)
Motorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond reputeMotorcity Cobra has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 115,369.44
Total Points: 680,183.20
always dropping hot boxing news first - Sup Do your thang m8 - Canelo and GGG for exposing (((them))) - Sup Nobody cared when you were banned because nobody likes you - Arthur Dayne Good effort!!! - MDPopescu 
Rock on brother - siablo14 splitting your mommy clean in two - //// clown - apples Because you can't keep our white dlcks out of your mouth - !nternation Thanks for the help - 1bad65 
for keeping us informed...thanks for your efforts - jazluvr to celebrate the life of Roy Hargrove - jazluvr Your reparations - Robbie Barrett 

Quote:
There’s a difference between being unknown and needing to raise your profile
Of course "nobody knows AJ in America" isn't true. Just like Hearn saying nobody in America knows Wilder isn't true. You know he didn't mean not one single person. You're playing word games.
Motorcity Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:13 PM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Zaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond reputeZaryu has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,606.11
Total Points: 20,750.62

The funny thing is that, for the most part, anyone that knows who Wilder is, also knows who AJ is, and vice versa. Boxing is a niche sport, and even though AJ is more accomplished, they seem to have a pretty similar profile. AJ fills out stadiums, but that's in Europe, which is a different market and it doesn't automatically translate into success in the US.
Zaryu is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
america”, anthony, guys, joshua, telling, truth?, “nobody