Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Intermittent Fasting Discussion Thread!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddy Current View Post
    I feel as strong as any other time when I'm working out and it helps to keep the weight down a few pounds.
    That's funny, I always pictured you as weighing no more than 120 pounds lol

Because of your feminine and featherweight posting style.

Comment

• Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      That's funny, I always pictured you as weighing no more than 120 pounds lol

Because of your feminine and featherweight posting style.

Nah I weigh about a buck 80 now and am lean AF.

Comment

• bump

Comment

• bump

Comment

• I merged all of the "intermittent fasting" threads into this master one.

Anyway, this is not a new craze and I have been reading tidbits and hearing about it for years - and want to experiment with 'IM' (I think that's the abbreviation).

The first time I did a 24 hour fast earlier this year, it was tough to get motivated to actually do it in the first place. When I did it, it was manageable, but then after my fast I binged out on my dinner.

Few questions for people who have done it successfully:

What's the schedule/routine?

Do you abstain from drinking water? (probably not, but muslims do during Ramadan)

Is intermittent fasting also a 'spiritual experience'?

Provide your results, tips and pointers.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              I merged all of the "intermittent fasting" threads into this master one.

Anyway, this is not a new craze and I have been reading tidbits and hearing about it for years - and want to experiment with 'IM' (I think that's the abbreviation).

The first time I did a 24 hour fast earlier this year, it was tough to get motivated to actually do it in the first place. When I did it, it was manageable, but then after my fast I binged out on my dinner.

Do you abstain from drinking water? (probably not, but muslims do during Ramadan)

Thanks

I fast 5:2, drinking water, tea, coffee without milk while fasting.

The days aren’t set in stone. You can be flexible when you fast. The days you don’t fast, you can feast, eat as many calories as you like

Comment

Thanks
                I do one 24-hour fast per week. It's critical to not binge before or after the fast otherwise you lessen the effectiveness.

Just eat normally, have a fasting day, then eat normally again.

Some people will do two 24-hour fasts a week. If you try this approach it's better that you don't do it on consecutive days in my opinion. Space the fasts out. I train in boxing and even with spacing the days out this left me feeling too weak for my workouts after a while...so be careful if you exercise a lot.
                Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 05-17-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

• When you intermittent fast, how much calories do you intake during your eating windows?

There's days I'm decent (but still hungry) but it's manageable and others where I'm starving during my fast. I usually fast about 12-14 hrs/day from 5pm until 6-7am. However, I've only been doing this for maybe 2 weeks so it could still be an adjustment period?

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    Intermittent fasting yes, but the Keto diet is a crappy fad that will have you feeling horrible. Eating very little carbs is beyond stupid.
                    Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Thanks
                      NEVER abstain from water.

Trick is to not binge as somebody mentioned. I like to break my "fast" (I'll have coffee with creamer) at around 2 and cut if off at around 9, ideally.

I've only felt a 'spiritual experience' when I have fasted for 3+ days.

Comment

Working...
                      X