No announcement yet.

When Canelo signed with DAZN GGG was not in the plans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Your sounding very obsessive at this point in time, funny how you know how canelo “felt”

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      GGG is a hard fight, but Callum Smith is a hard fight too. Andrade is a hard fight. Even Saunders is a risky fight. Canelo's deal with DAZN is a loss-leader by design; He's getting paid insane money to drive subscriptions, but everyone understands he isn't going to do that by fighting soft touches.

Canelo-Golovkin is a brand in itself that has done over a million buys twice in the post-Mayweather world. Running that fight again on September 16th or May 5th would put DAZN subscriptions through the fucking roof.

I don't think there's any question for all parties involved that Canelo-GGG III happens in September or May.

I don't know what DAZN's timetable or numbers are, but to me September seems a little soon. Can Mungia fight on DAZN? Personally I'd like I wouldn't mind seeing Canelo fight Mungia in September (that fight would do good business and entertain) and then Golovkin in May.
      He's a DAZN fighter so yes he can.
      Last edited by JERMELL_CHARLO_; 06-11-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

What happens? He beats Andrade to a pulp is what happens. Dudes that are getting dropped by Vanes and looking more than ordinary vs Culcay and other b or c level fighters aren't beating GGG unless Golovkin is shot to pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          What happens? He beats Andrade to a pulp is what happens. Dudes that are getting dropped by Vanes and looking more than ordinary vs Culcay and other b or c level fighters aren't beating GGG unless Golovkin is shot to pieces.
          That's good. Why not do it?
          He beat Vanes & Rolls to a pulp.

Comment

its always the same with the ggg excuse makers/apologists

" a guy that got dropped by vanes and struggled with culcay aint beating ggg"

and "lara? please....ggg would have destroyed him"

it doesnt erase the fact that both of these would be better matchups than 90 percent of his resume....this is what they say when they cant logically defend these ducks...its always just "well hed beat them anyway so why even bother"...lol

Comment

Did you see the contract that Canelo signed? I don’t get this sort of guessing games. DAZN have a contract with both fighters, am sure if they want a third fight they can make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                Nobody up here knows who Steve Rolls is though.
                I'm a Canadian and I had no idea who he was. Boxing is regional in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  That's good. Why not do it?
                  He beat Vanes & Rolls to a pulp.
                  If he doesn't fight Canelo in September he should.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                    its always the same with the ggg excuse makers/apologists

" a guy that got dropped by vanes and struggled with culcay aint beating ggg"

and "lara? please....ggg would have destroyed him"

it doesnt erase the fact that both of these would be better matchups than 90 percent of his resume....this is what they say when they cant logically defend these ducks...its always just "well hed beat them anyway so why even bother"...lol
                    Lol a guy who fought 2 of the top 3 guys in his division 3 of his last 5 fights is a duck.. wish all fighters were ducks like GGG.

Meanwhile every other guy around boxing with a name is fighting cans every fight and then get praise when they finally fight a live body.

GTFO with the hate....

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Did you see the contract that Canelo signed? I don’t get this sort of guessing games. DAZN have a contract with both fighters, am sure if they want a third fight they can make it work.
                      What speculation? GGG wasn't signed to DAZN when Canelo signed & Canelo has said there is nothing in his contract that binds him to a GGG fight. Which makes sense because GGG WASN'T SIGNED TO DAZN WHEN CANELO SIGNED!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X