Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum having trouble finalizing Lomachenko-Walters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the paydays HBO are offering then they are gonna lose fighters. Not that I think they care. They seem to only care about 4 or 5 of the big names now. But all that talk about Gonzalez vs. Estrada is pretty much dead.

Comment

Oh boy why does it have to be like "pulling out teeth" to make fights these days?

HBO really only have $1 million to spilt between these 2 fighters? Is it safe to say HBO are on their last legs doing boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
        Oh boy why does it have to be like "pulling out teeth" to make fights these days?

HBO really only have $1 million to spilt between these 2 fighters? Is it safe to say HBO are on their last legs doing boxing?
        They might be, that being said none of those guys are draws. The money will not transform into good ratings, bad business really. Still pretty sad since this is a great great fight.

Comment

That budget

Comment

So another bob arum lie. The fight was "made" he just forgot to tell everyone he promised Walters and lomachenko unrealistic money

Comment

I posted this already, but I need to post it again:

So let's get this straight.
              Lomachenko has to move up for Walters. He has to wait until June for Walters. He's willing to take a paycut for Walters; apparently Loma agreed to 500k for each fighter.
              So Walters gets the fight at his weight, he gets it on his own time, and he gets a career high payday. And Walters still wants to b*tch.
              If Walters wants this to be a bigger fight, then both him and Loma will have to build themselves up more.
              Lomachenko should just move on and stay active. Keep your 126 belt, it's obvious Top Rank wants the belt for Valdez so they are going to do anything possible to get rid-off Loma, that's pretty bogus if you ask me.
              I don't know what Loma could do when he's with the manager he's with right now and he has a promoter that puts him second.

Comment

Maybe see if Showtime is willing to pay a little more?

Comment

I don't believe Arum. I think he is making this up to make Walters look like the bad guy.

If it is true, IMO it is not wrong for Walters to want more for a Loma fight then he got for the last fight? That said $1mil is not realistic for this bout seeing as it's a fight fans fight and will not generate enough at the gate to cover $1 mil for both.

I hope Showtime offers more and the fight goes there.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                    He should get it. Fighters should get paid fairly and well, and the networks less. I'm sure Showtime and Haymon can pay them a mil each. HBO is being cheap.
                    I hate to say it, because I respect most of these fighters a great deal, but the guys that we watch get paid more than fairly. 99% percent of these guys don't produce any revenue, and it is not like the ratings are impressive either.

Don't get me wrong..I'm sure Walters is like "WTF..Lara got paid 1Mil to fight a bum on an expensive time buy that nobody watched but HBO won't even give me half of that?" But 2015...where everyone was overpaid is a lot different than 2016. The Haymon purses are going down, Nelson inherited a budget issue at HBO, and Showtime is trying to come back from being destroyed over the past 2 years by false promises that PBC would help them.

435K may seem low for a high quality fight against Lomachenko but it is a lot better than 0, which may be his other option for the time being.

Comment

Working...
                    X