Cotto to Face Maravilla; Used Canelo to Drive up Guarantee Like a Boss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto to Face Maravilla; Used Canelo to Drive up Guarantee Like a Boss

According to FighttHype:

Sources close to the information have informed us that thee-division world champion Miguel Cotto will indeed face middleweight king Sergio Martinez on June 7 at Madison Square Garden. Contrary to reports stating that Cotto is still deciding between lucrative offers to face either Canelo Alvarez in March or Sergio Martinez in June, our sources tell us that the decision was already made long ago.

"Cotto is fighting Martinez. Canelo was never even up for discussion," one source commented. Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer recently stated that he would still give Cotto "another week" to come to a decision, however, another source tells us that Cotto was simply entertaining the idea of fighting Canelo in order to drive up his guarantee for the Martinez bout. Regardless of how the decision came about, our sources agree that Cotto's next opponent will indeed be Martinez

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article15710.html

Good move, martinez is a much more interesting fight.

Comment

Like a G....

Comment

June? Sheesh... Does he plan on having another tune up meanwhile?

Now what for Gingerboi? Time for him to start from scratch and get his ass handed to him again.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Tough fight for Cotto, but he seems to seek them out. I like Martinez in this fight.

Comment

Right choice if true. Martinez is the more winnable fight IMO, and a better opportunity.

Comment

Good fight I still think Canelo would have been easier.
              I wonder who Ginger will fight now maybe Trout/Lara winner.
              I know he doesn't dare fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Right choice if true. Martinez is the more winnable fight IMO, and a better opportunity.
                I agree, but its still a dangerous fight for Cotto.

Comment

Cotto has to box, Martinez doesn't look good as an aggressor, I know he needed to go back to his roots of being an aggressor which really helped his defense even more but in this case he needs to make Martinez reach in and counter him. Very winnable fight for Cotto, very.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    NO!

canelo is the more winnable fight. an old martinez will muster a great performance out of himself and tko cotto. old martinez > canelo

cotto should have took the canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X