Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recovering from a real bad sparring session?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was sparring a heavyweight pro, took a body shot and fell down in pain, I felt like a dick, I know I shouldn't because he's done it to a lot of people, he does it on purpose to show you to keep your body protected because it doesn't take a lot to drop you if the punch is landed in the right place and correctly. But I felt stupid, so I got back in the ring over and over again, I fought and I fought and it was inevitable I would lose because this guy spars us simply for that reason, he's ****ing good and he's there to raise the bar just above us at all times so we're always learning. But I got back in. After he went, I got back in again with a normal guy and did much better, got his nose a bit swollen and bloodied.

You lose a lot of confidence when you get beat around but you have two choices - gain it back or leave it. If you leave it, you've quit boxing, whether you still go to the gym and hit the bags or not, you're not boxing if you're not prepared to spar. If you want to gain it back, get in the ring and go.

Comment

I've had bad moments sparring usually with bigger lads but still, yo just gotta live with it and keep at it.

Comment

Seriously man, stop posting here or thinking about it in any way or form. Bounce back and carry on sparring. I went to a gym that was full of wars which is why we all learned good defence and proper boxing! Sometimes we had a few pitty patter 'technique' and learning sessions but once someone is carded, IMO this is how sparring should be! This is how you learn to box, an that is what they mean by the training is the hardest bit.

Comment

train hard, fight easy

Comment

Working...
          X