No announcement yet.

Question For Boxing Fans.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Boxing Fans.

Why can't boxing fans accept a loss suffered by a fighter they support? I'm not asking why they don't like or agree with a negative decision, but why does blatant denial completely replace logic or rational thought?

Why must every loss be a robbery? Why must the shortcomings of the boxer they support be the OTHER guy's fault? Why must EVERY victory either be a KO, or a complete shutout for them to begrudgingly accept the victory, with comments like "He ran for 12 rounds" or "It was a lucky punch" etc. Why is it that every time there's a decision boxing fans don't agree with, THAT specific decision is what's "ruining the sport". Why is it that if anybody doesn't agree with their opinion, that person is suddenly delusional/DKSAB/etc, regardless of their pedigree/experience/achievements in the sport?

Why can't fans disagree with a decision and debate without salt or insults, or name calling.

For such an amazing sport, boxing has to have some of the most toxic fans I've ever come across.

Because Millennials are the Pu$$iest Generation Ever! Not just boxing but in general look at them, they cry about EVERY FUKING THING! If they don't get what they want they take to Social Media and COMPLAIN

Comment

Originally posted by DionysusX View Post
      Why can't boxing fans accept a loss suffered by a fighter they support? I'm not asking why they don't like or agree with a negative decision, but why does blatant denial completely replace logic or rational thought?

Why must every loss be a robbery? Why must the shortcomings of the boxer they support be the OTHER guy's fault? Why must EVERY victory either be a KO, or a complete shutout for them to begrudgingly accept the victory, with comments like "He ran for 12 rounds" or "It was a lucky punch" etc. Why is it that every time there's a decision boxing fans don't agree with, THAT specific decision is what's "ruining the sport". Why is it that if anybody doesn't agree with their opinion, that person is suddenly delusional/DKSAB/etc, regardless of their pedigree/experience/achievements in the sport?

Why can't fans disagree with a decision and debate without salt or insults, or name calling.

For such an amazing sport, boxing has to have some of the most toxic fans I've ever come across.
      I don't know but at the most extreme they are the most overly emotional bunch going. Even worse than football fans.

Take a look at some of my posts and no one can even comprehend why the points system currently used is terrible.

Comment

I don't get this either. Posters forget there used to be close fights where either guy could win.

Part of the problem IMO is there are very few 50/50 fights made anymore so fans are not used to seeing close fights. Either the favorite bangs out some hopeless 80/20 bum or gets an easy UD.

If the sport had more fights like Ward/Kov or Cuadras/Chocalito then fans maybe wouldn't get so crazy when there is a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't get this either. Posters forget there used to be close fights where either guy could win.

Part of the problem IMO is there are very few 50/50 fights made anymore so fans are not used to seeing close fights. Either the favorite bangs out some hopeless 80/20 bum or gets an easy UD.

If the sport had more fights like Ward/Kov or Cuadras/Chocalito then fans maybe wouldn't get so crazy when there is a close fight.
          I think it also has to with people wanting to have their voice heard.
          He who shouts loudest mentality.
          Also like in other areas people predicting more extreme outcomes in the hope they get one right and can then self declare themselves as an expert.
          Same thing happens in market analysis...

Comment

Are you talking of Ward fans? Mayweather fans?

75% of boxing analysts saw Kovalev win.

The entire world saw Kovalev win.

Check reality son.

Comment

Also sorry to tar with one brush but it seems americans don't like the idea of a draw. Us brits have grown up with five days of cricket to end in a draw )

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Because Millennials are the Pu$$iest Generation Ever! Not just boxing but in general look at them, they cry about EVERY FUKING THING! If they don't get what they want they take to Social Media and COMPLAIN
                So 75% of boxing analysts who saw Kovalev win are millennials?

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                  Also sorry to tar with one brush but it seems americans don't like the idea of a draw. Us brits have grown up with five days of cricket to end in a draw )
                  we grew up with 15 round fights so draws were less common in championship fights. weren't a lot of British champs in those days. (only kidding)

Americans also do hate ties. we like a definitive winner.

Comment

we grew up with 15 round fights so draws were less common in championship fights. weren't a lot of British champs in those days. (only kidding)

Americans also do hate ties. we like a definitive winner.
                    I meant more in the general psyche, you always seem to have over time and shoot outs etc.
                    It's not meant as a criticism just an observation.

Comment

Working...
                    X