No announcement yet.

Robots sent to Fukushima have 'died'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I have some of me with the kids, etc. with a few other volunteers.

I won't post them.

I am not from the selfie generation... Look at me...

Here I am enjoying.. Look at me...

Here I am pretending to be happy look at me.

There are plenty of videos and photos of the devastation.

I saw foundations, where houses used to be. I saw survivors thanking me for caring. And all I did was cook and hand out bottled water.. Some ****ing help..

One old woman grabbed me by my arm and told me how she saw her son, and grandson swept away by the tsunami.

If I write a book, it will include some photos.

The people of Sendai are tough, they are rebuilding. I would have folded.
    I would have left, found some solid earth. But, there is nothing solid..

Nothing.

no no not a pic of you but of what the place looks like when you got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      http://www.newsweek.com/robots-sent-...ve-died-435332

"But as soon as they get close to the reactors, the radiation destroys their wiring and renders them useless, causing long delays, Masuda said.

Each robot has to be custom-built for each building. “It takes two years to develop a single-function robot,” Masuda said. "
      Such a terrible disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        Like Oscar from Hey Arnold?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
          Such a terrible disaster.
          Its scary how it can happen here in the US.

I was listening to Coast to Coast AM (not all of it is tin foil hat stuff) and we have a bunch of nuclear reactors on fault lines and if an earthquake happens there, we're fucked

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
            no no not a pic of you but of what the place looks like when you got there.
            May do that. Gotta dig through some photos

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
              May do that. Gotta dig through some photos
              it's a different point of view from a person who really was there rather than google photos.

i one day hope to be able to do that and help people like you did.

i was supposed to do it here when Yolanda Typhoon hit a part of our country but our god damn government is ****ed and corrupt...... don't want to explain it just pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up View Post
                it's a different point of view from a person who really was there rather than google photos.

i one day hope to be able to do that and help people like you did.

i was supposed to do it here when Yolanda Typhoon hit a part of our country but our god damn government is ****ed and corrupt...... don't want to explain it just pisses me off.
                The Japanese gov is no different. Now there is so much corruption in rebuilding up there.

Comment

This is old news.

Robots never could enter.

I eat the radiation every day.

Comment

I'm as much at risk as the other 127 or so million people in Japan.

I guess I'll leave here soon, hope or the best, and hope the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Virgil Caine View Post
                      I'm as much at risk as the other 127 or so million people in Japan.

I guess I'll leave here soon, hope or the best, and hope the best.
                      When it hit, I was at my desk on the phone fighting with a guy in SG. It lasted a long time. I am from Cali, never felt anything that strong.

Comment

Working...
                      X